Chapter 146

After answering the question, Feng Li coldly stated, "I hope you understand that matters of love and emotions only distract and weaken people. Getting involved in them only leads to filth and disgrace. It's best not to let others corrupt you."

Feng Li was always uncompromising, not fond of romantic entanglements. Jiang Luo skillfully responded, "You're right."

His quick agreement made Feng Li pause for a moment. He added in a calm tone, "The two families that plotted against you have been dealt with by the Celestial Masters' Mansion. They won't dare to target you again."

Listening quietly, Jiang Luo sarcastically thought that if it weren't for your permission, they wouldn't have targeted me before. However, he expressed gratitude, saying, "Thank you for your protection, sir."

"As for the malevolent spirit that harmed your vitality," Feng Li's aura turned cold, "I will personally kill him."

Feng Li and Chi You initially had no enmity. Quite the opposite, Feng Li admired Chi You's talents, which surpassed numerous geniuses during his lifetime and even after death. However, Feng Li's admiration turned into a desire to make this vengeful spirit his own weapon or Paper Doll. Yet, with Chi You persistently entangling with Jiang Luo, the idea of using him transformed into a determination to eliminate him.

He had once stated that if he saw Jiang Luo with Chi You again, he would break Jiang Luo's legs. This was not an idle threat; if Jiang Luo persisted, Feng Li would indeed break his legs. After crying in regret and acknowledging his mistake, Jiang Luo would be confined for several months until every word from Feng Li was taken to heart. Only then would Feng Li bring in the family's experts to heal Jiang Luo's legs.

Feng Li rarely cared deeply for disciples since those chosen to be his disciples were carefully nurtured from a young age and had the capability and foundation needed. He didn't need to teach them from scratch; occasional tasks were enough.

However, Jiang Luo consumed Feng Li's thoughts.

Jiang Luo, with exceptional talent delayed by Chen Pi for over twenty years, knew nothing and was practically a blank slate. Feng Li had to start teaching him from scratch, but Jiang Luo deviated from the right path, entangling himself with malevolent spirits. This further fueled Feng Li's anger, and his attention gradually focused entirely on Jiang Luo.

Feng Li had never devoted himself to teaching a disciple in such a hands-on manner. Besides instructing Jiang Luo to read and draw symbols, he had yet to figure out how to guide him.

The more Feng Li cared about Jiang Luo, the stricter he became in overseeing every aspect of Jiang Luo's life—down to the length of his hair and the tasselled earrings he had put on at some unknown time, all of which displeased Feng Li.

After learning about the night Jiang Luo spent with Chi You, Feng Li's patience reached its limit.

Chi You must die, and his soul must be scattered, reincarnation was not an option.

However, after stating this, one of Feng Li's disciples, who had already parted ways with the malevolent spirit, turned back, politely smiling, "Master, you don't need to trouble yourself."

The handsome Celestial Master frowned.

The black-haired youth spoke with a sense of justice, "Disciple has awakened. Looking back, the former self seems pitiful and laughable. Disciple feels obligated to eliminate evil spirits for the world. There's no need for Master to intervene; Disciple will...” He raised an eyebrow, a hint of a cheeky smile hidden within, “personally kill him."