Chapter 116

"Amazing..."

Watching someone control the wind and hear with their ears was an entirely different sensation. Du Ge and his three companions were completely stunned by Jiang Luo. Their hands were red from clapping, witnessing something beyond belief, and then they ecstatically looked at Jiang Luo.

The master was right here!

In this strange and dangerous mirror world, having a skilled companion increased the sense of security dramatically.

Lian Qiang approached Jiang Luo with a flattering smile, "Senior Brother is truly amazing. Handling the Eight Trigrams Formation, such a difficult technique, with such ease. No wonder you're the first in the competition, a role model for us young folks."

"I originally thought Senior Brother was just an exceptional talisman master, but it turns out Senior Brother excels in everything," Lian Bing joined in, praising Jiang Luo non-stop, making his head ache. "From now on, I'm Senior Brother's loyal little brother. Whatever Senior Brother asks, I'll do. Senior Brother, can you give me a life-saving talisman?"

The intention was clear; life-saving talismans crafted by a master were priceless.

Lian Xue chuckled, "Don't act coy. Since Senior Brother mentioned there are many ghosts in this world, we need to be careful. Investigating evil spirits is important, but the key is to preserve our own lives."

Jiang Luo nodded, "Lian Xue is right. I don't have any talismans here. Lian Bing, you can help in the kitchen and prepare some rooster blood and yellow talismans for me. Without these safeguards, there are a few ways to fend off evil spirits. Remember, it can save your life in crucial moments."

These words were primarily for Du Ge and his three ordinary companions.

"Finger and tongue blood have the strongest yang energy. In critical moments, bite and fling the blood onto the ghost. Don't lean against walls; ghosts like to cling to cold walls, making it easier for them to possess you..."

After a while, they discreetly walked out of the cave, ready to return to their respective positions. Qin Yun suddenly remembered something and asked, "The host family we're staying with also took a mirror photo. He must have entered too, but why didn't I see him?"

Jiang Luo didn't answer that question. While walking back with Lian Xue, she sighed suddenly, "Senior Brother, you probably know the name of the young master of this household."

"Yeah."

"He's called Chi You," Lian Xue said with a worried expression. "Although we've secluded ourselves in the mountains and haven't seen Chi You, I still know this name. Roughly estimating, he has been dead for almost half a year. Yet, his appearance appears in this mirror world. Not only him, but also the Chi family, clearly pointing to the real Chi family."

"In this world, Chi You's appearance and the appearance of the family who sheltered us are too similar... Do you think the host is the already deceased Chi You, and are we trapped in this mirror world by him?"

"Midnight mirror gazing, this was a request made by the storyteller," Jiang Luo disagreed, "If we were really brought into the mirror world by Chi You, is it just for us to kill an evil spirit? By the way, when you woke up, did the voice that told you to kill the evil spirit say only that sentence?"

Lian Xue replied, "Yes, it only said that to me."

But that voice said many things to Jiang Luo.

Now recalling, that voice became incredibly vague. Jiang Luo couldn't discern whether it belonged to a man or a woman, young or old. But every sentence seemed to have a hidden meaning.