Chapter 185

Qi Ye's loss of his Qi was quickly known to Liao Si.

Upon learning this, he rushed to Chi You's side, unable to conceal the anger in his tone, his face slightly contorted. "Master, Qi Ye is the body I had my eye on. Why did you detach his spiritual body?"

After the detachment, Qi Ye became useless, serving no purpose to him!

Chi You, looking at Liao Si with indifference, made Liao Si's mind cool instantly. He took a deep breath. "I apologize, Master."

"He doesn't fit your criteria," Chi You said. "You can continue to choose someone else."

Liao Si clenched his fists, remained silent for a while, then compromised. "Alright, I will go look at other options."

He left the master's room and turned around to see Ge Wuchen, covered in blood, weakly returning from outside. Ge Wuchen, who usually cared about his appearance, was scrutinized by Liao Si. "Where did you go?"

"Master sent me to do something," Ge Wuchen sat wearily, surviving against the odds to come back. "Why are you here?"

Liao Si couldn't resist the urge to complain and shared Qi Ye's situation with Ge Wuchen. Knowing his master could sense his thoughts, he didn't dare go too far but subtly expressed his misery. "I finally found a suitable vessel, but now without the spiritual body, what use do I have for him? Now I have to look at other people, but it's not easy to find someone to my liking."

Ge Wuchen coldly remarked, "I don't believe you don't have backup candidates."

Liao Si winked at him, teasingly. "Ge Wuchen, you really understand me. I do have a backup option; your brother is quite good-"

Ge Wuchen stared at him coldly.

Liao Si burst into laughter but then started coughing. "Cough, don't be nervous, I'm just joking."

"But seriously, don't tell anyone, the people around Jiang Luo are one after another meeting my criteria. Tremendous potential, low-key reputation, simple background... truly enticing."

"I advise you not to target them," Ge Wuchen said, looking at the blood on himself, his voice echoing softly. "Jiang Luo is a ruthless character you shouldn't mess with."

Liao Si chuckled, "I know. Ge Wuchen, our master treats Jiang Luo very differently; we better keep our distance if we can."

Ge Wuchen glanced again at his own miserable state. "...Who's your backup plan?"

Liao Si's eyes gleamed. "Maybe family."

*

Jiang Luo stayed at the bottom of the mountain for about half a month, and fate seemed indeed not to force him back, just as he had claimed.

However, as the school term approached, Ji Yaotzi didn't come down from the mountain.

Jiang Luo and his friends moved back to school. After a winter away, the campus plants looked a bit languid. Directed by Director Xu, they held water hoses, watering the grassy areas one by one.

In front of the dormitory, there was a separate vegetable patch. They discreetly pulled out a few radishes planted by some teacher, washed off the mud, and enjoyed the radishes while working.

The radishes were sweet with a hint of spice, leaving them all hungry. Lu Youyi went to the cafeteria and bought a bag of sweet potatoes. A few of them gathered around a bonfire, roasting sweet potatoes, and the fragrance even lured Director Xu.

Director Xu cared for them, and Jiang Luo respected him. While waiting for the sweet potatoes to roast, he chatted casually with Director Xu. The conversation gradually drifted to the topic of "becoming a deity," drawing the interest of others.