Chapter 148

Facing the Chosen One , Jiang Luo wore a gentle smile, but as he turned, his expression became emotionless.

He approached Chi You with measured steps, a smirk playing on his lips.

Reading love letters aloud, almost shouting to ensure everyone heard—this wasn't flirting; it was downright provocation.

Especially with Chi You standing behind him.

Someone like Chi You wouldn't engage in such foolish acts; there had to be a deeper motive.

—Regardless of his motives, Jiang Luo was determined to use him as a sacrifice.

Mocking comments were already at Jiang Luo's doorstep; could he ignore them? Perfectly timed, he aimed to deceive the Chosen One , using Chi You's previous serious injury to gain their trust—this deal was too good to pass up.

Seeing Jiang Luo approaching, Ge Wuchen nodded in satisfaction, swiftly moving to Chi You's side. "Master, Jiang Luo has arrived."

Chi You remarked, "I noticed."

A playful smile danced on his lips. "You've done well."

Ge Wuchen, confident, smiled and humbly said, "If I can be of help to you, I am satisfied."

Lisa, sitting nearby on the floor, eating a lollipop, looked up at them with wide, unblinking eyes. After they finished speaking, she crunched the lollipop, "Crunch, crunch," and asked, "Will the handsome brother join us?"

She still thought the boss was recruiting Jiang Luo.

As a deep-sea fish, Lisa had no understanding of the significance of this display.

In Lisa's innocent gaze, Ge Wuchen was reminded of a younger Ge Zhu. He took another lollipop from his pocket and handed it to Lisa. "Yes."

After persuading the master to orchestrate the ghostly welcoming ceremony, Ge Wuchen had gathered nearly all the esteemed subordinates that the master valued, just to show Jiang Luo the sincerity and devotion. Besides the unwell Liao Si and the undercover Teng Bi, everyone else who needed to be present was there.

Ge Wuchen, although inexperienced in love, was a half-internet addict with his own theories on matchmaking.

In such a romantic and spectacular setting, giving Jiang Luo face and satisfying his vanity, coupled with the master's outstanding external conditions—Ge Wuchen believed that, with this combination, Jiang Luo couldn't resist being moved.

More than the anticipated outcome, Ge Wuchen is increasingly concerned about the Chosen One  standing on the mountaintop.

He gazes at the distant figure with a complex expression, a hint of mockery in his tone. "Master, you're right. As long as you're alive, we'll never find him. Look, the moment you die, the Chosen One  appears before us."

Hua Li walks over, coldly smirking, "The mouse finally stops hiding."

While the words say so, Hua Li is tense, every hair on edge.

Ge Wuchen feels the same.

No one knows how strong the Chosen One  is, what his limits are. Facing such a person is like confronting the unfathomable depths of the ocean, undeniably frightening.

Yet, Chi You calmly glances at the Chosen One  and shifts his gaze to Jiang Luo.

"Now is not the time to confront him."

His calm words instantly calm down Hua Li and Ge Wuchen. Ge Wuchen, with a compassionate smile, twirls his Buddhist beads and adds, "Originally, keeping the Qi and Chi families around was partly to trace the Chosen One  through them. Now that he's revealed himself, as for the Chi family, the master will handle them later. But as for the Qi family, should we settle the old scores with them?"