Chapter 61

After crawling out of a hole in the deep mountains of Shentu Village, the dead ghost sniffed around for a long time but couldn't catch the scent of his friends.

He stood at the entrance of the hole for a while, unsure of which direction to take. As the sun was about to set, he descended the mountain and saw some humans preparing to leave. He followed these humans out of Shentu Village and into human society.

Humans always looked at him with strange eyes, discussing his attire and appearance. The dead ghost felt utterly out of place among the steel and concrete, amidst the countless humans. Carrying a large saber, he would stand silently at every crossroad for a good while.

Where should he go?

Where were his friends?

Just as the dead ghost wandered aimlessly through human society, someone claiming to be a "talent scout" approached him.

They told the dead ghost that if he signed a contract with them and followed their instructions, they could help his friends find him. Without hesitation, the dead ghost signed the contract and was sent to the show "Next Stop, Idol."

Before the show, his agent took him to get a haircut. The dead ghost calmly watched his long hair being cut short, listening to the agent say, "You need to find every opportunity to get in front of the camera, understand? Only then can your friends see you on TV and come to find you."

The dead ghost pondered this, "I understand."

He knew these people might not genuinely want to help him, having overheard his agent boast to someone else, "He's so naive. I got him to sign a 20-year contract without him batting an eye."

But the dead ghost didn't care. Twenty years meant little to the undead; at least these people had devised a way for him to find his friends.

However, after finding and hiding away more than twenty cameras on the show, he still hadn't seen his friends come for him.

Thus, his interest in participating in the show's recordings dwindled further.

This morning, like always, the dead ghost discreetly removed the dormitory corridor's camera and hid it on his person before reluctantly heading to the recording hall. As he entered, a staff member scolded him, "Si Gui, everyone's here except for you!"

The dead ghost silently moved towards the back of the crowd when suddenly he heard a familiar call, "Dead ghost?!"

Lu Youyi was both shocked and delighted.

The tall, muscular man with short hair quickly lifted his head, his eyes sharp as an eagle's, looking towards the source of the voice. When he saw Lu Youyi, his pupils constricted, and he froze on the spot.

Dressed in modern clothes and styled differently, the dead ghost, at a glance, appeared to be just an oddly charismatic handsome man. With his sharp eyebrows and piercing eyes, his presence seemed somewhat out of place in a talent show primarily featuring pretty boys.

Jiang Luo watched the completely transformed dead ghost with mixed feelings.

In his moment of complexity, the dead ghost had already rushed over and hugged Lu Youyi tightly. After embracing Lu Youyi, he saw Jiang Luo standing by, his excitement growing even more, and he went forward to hug Jiang Luo as well.

"Friends, you've finally come to find me!"

Jiang Luo, completely muffled by the dead ghost's broad muscles, couldn't utter any words of protest: "…"