Chapter 144

After finishing their meal, Feng Li had Jiang Luo bring a chair to the courtyard.

The snow in the courtyard was cleared, basking in the bright sunlight. Jiang Luo, excited, sat down before Feng Li. After draping a towel over his shoulders, he raised his hand, elegantly combing all his black hair to the back, securing the enchanting allure.

Fair fingers weaved through the strands, the swan-like neck subtly revealed. Feng Li, lowering his gaze, observed the disheveled hair gathering messily.

Deciding to take matters into his own hands, he reached out to tidy his disciple's hair.

With mature hands adorned with jade rings, he skillfully arranged the stray strands fluttering with static.

The funeral home owner, standing nearby, offered a pair of scissors, "Jiang Luo, how short do you want it?"

Jiang Luo turned to glance at his own back.

Over the past six months, his hair had grown significantly, almost reaching the shoulder blades. Originally inconvenient, his handsome appearance managed to carry the long hair. Now, it became more cumbersome.

He casually suggested, "Cut it all off."

The funeral home owner was astonished, "What does 'cut it all off' mean?"

Jiang Luo proposed, "How about a crew cut?"

He believed he would look even more handsome with short hair.

Feng Li, seldomly showing a hint of a smile, pursed his lips.

He had never taken care of Jiang Luo's long hair with much affection, yet the quality was outstanding. Like a piece of satin, smooth and beautiful. After shedding tears infused with ginseng essence, it added a new layer to the already excellent texture. Cutting off such good hair seemed a pity.

Gathering the strands, he picked up the scissors, making a clean cut from the bottom.

"Snip," the cut hair fell to the ground.

Listening to this pleasant sound, Jiang Luo, out of sight, revealed a joyful smile.

Usually, when he wanted a haircut, Chu You would intervene, but now that Chu You couldn't reach the mountaintop, he must be at a loss, right?

Hahaha, Jiang Luo almost burst into laughter, thoroughly enjoying the moment!

Feng Li, for the first time, engaged in the act of cutting someone's hair but handled it with precision. Even with the funeral home owner constantly offering unsolicited advice, "Hey, the left side is a bit long... no no no, the right side is protruding... the profile, the profile," it didn't affect his steady hand.

He quickly stopped his hands, "Done."

"Done?" Jiang Luo turned around, only to see the long hair that hadn't been shortened much arrogantly sliding back onto his shoulders, "..."

Feng Li's satisfied voice emerged, "Not bad."

"Yeah, not bad," the funeral home owner chimed in, "Much better than a crew cut."

Jiang Luo silently looked down; the fallen hair on the ground was only about five centimeters in length. Rather than a haircut, it seemed more like a trim.

If he didn't remember his current serene image, Jiang Luo almost couldn't resist taking matters into his own hands.

The funeral home owner burned the hair on the ground. Seeing Jiang Luo's almost-smiling expression, he approached, "Having slightly longer hair is good; it can conveniently cover the Soul-Enchanting Tassel. Your master and the chosen one aren't the type to pay attention to such trivial matters; if it's covered, they won't ask."