Chapter 135

"As the name 'Wu Sunian' often appears in the poetry of Taoist elders, Jiang Luo knew instantly that this must be the residence of Senior Taoist Weihe from the Lian family.

Their whole family had this kind of style.

Approaching the door, Lian Xue knocked, and after a moment, a young boy opened it. Around fifteen years old, he was unfazed by the arrival of the group and calmly said, “Senior brothers and sisters, please come in. The Daoist is waiting for you inside.”

The boy led them through the entrance, and soon, they found themselves in a quiet room where Senior Taoist Weihe was seated, waiting.

Senior Taoist Weihe, over fifty years old, had deep wrinkles between his eyebrows, giving him the appearance of a stern and upright elder. Seeing Lian Xue and the others return safely, his expression softened slightly. He scrutinized each person before speaking, 'News came from the mountain below a few days ago, saying that you ran up the mountain when the snow stopped, but a snowstorm followed closely. These days, I don't know how many people were worried about you. Fortunately, you all made it here in one piece; otherwise, your master and senior uncles would have nagged me half to death.'

Lian Qiang chuckled and said, 'Senior uncle, if you're worried about us, just say it.'

'Why would I worry about you troublemakers?' Senior Taoist Weihe huffed, 'I've said before that I wouldn't come down the mountain those days. Couldn't you have patiently waited below the mountain?'

As he spoke, he specifically glanced at Jiang Luo.

At this moment, Jiang Luo was still savoring the thrill of debunking the ghost's affection for him. Sensing Senior Taoist Weihe's gaze, he forced his brain to quickly calm down and pondered the words of the Daoist.

Senior Taoist Weihe had originally planned to come down the mountain a week after his secluded cultivation on the back mountain. However, inexplicably, it was delayed by three days. As soon as those three days passed, a snowstorm arrived, sealing off the mountain.

The timing was too coincidental. Although Lian Xue and the others didn't have the habit of observing celestial phenomena, Jiang Luo couldn't help but suspect that Senior Taoist Weihe predicted the snowstorm.

Predicting it but intentionally delaying the descent, Senior Taoist Weihe's intention was clear—he didn't want to get involved in the impure matter Jiang Luo was entangled in. Thus, he used the heavy snow to avoid descending. Unfortunately, he didn't anticipate that Lian Xue would daringly climb the mountain with the danger of the snowstorm.

If they hadn't climbed the mountain, they wouldn't have encountered the wooden villa, and consequently, they wouldn't have entered the world within the mirror.

However, there was another possibility that Jiang Luo considered.

Didn't Senior Taoist Weihe understand Lian Xue's personality? If he stayed on the back mountain and didn't come down for a long time, what impulsive actions would Lian Xue, who was anxious, take? Wouldn't someone familiar with her be able to guess?

Thinking so, it seemed as if they were induced to climb the mountain.

Jiang Luo didn't know which scenario was true, but he was certain that the snowstorm and the mirror array in the villa were likely connected to Senior Taoist Weihe.

Even if he wasn't responsible, he probably knew something.

Perhaps Lian Xue... wasn't that innocent.

Having pondered all this, Jiang Luo maintained a smiling expression on his face, concealing any suspicion towards Senior Taoist Weihe and the others.