Chapter 59

Jiang Luo paid no mind to the statement, his gaze shifting towards the bunk bed below Fu Wei.

The room housed bunk beds, accommodating four individuals. The bed beneath Fu Wei's was unoccupied, its wooden frame adorned with the name of one of the three deceased trainees.

An assistant guided Jiang Luo over, but the bed was thoroughly obscured by a pair of long legs. To access it, one would have to stoop and crawl under Fu Wei's feet.

Jiang Luo looked up at Fu Wei, "You're blocking my bed."

The angle was somewhat awkward, looking up from beneath Fu Wei, past the triangle of his legs to his chest and throat, undulating like a mountain range. The man was carefree in his posture, looking down at Jiang Luo with a gaze that drifted from his lips to the top of Jiang Luo's head in a trail of smoke. After having his fill, he leisurely withdrew his legs, resting them on the bed's metal railing.

Jiang Luo tossed his bag onto the bed, surveying the room with a glance.

There was a camera in the room, now obscured by a piece of clothing. The assistant fretted over Fu Wei, the stress nearly causing hair loss, "Fu Wei, can't you be a bit more mindful of your image? Smoking and drinking in front of the camera, what if it gets edited and broadcasted, prompting more calls for your withdrawal from the competition?"

Fu Wei, slightly impatient, flicked his cigarette ash, "Then just turn off the camera."

The assistant ceased his nagging, and after a while, spoke softly again. From his demeanor, Jiang Luo could discern Fu Wei's status in "Next Stop, Idol."

Should Fu Wei actually withdraw, "Next Stop, Idol" would likely face immediate collapse.

With others present in the dormitory, the assistant refrained from further discussion, "Then, make yourself at home here. If you need anything, come find me."

Jiang Luo responded, "Okay."

After the assistant left, Jiang Luo arranged his bedding. Standing by the bed, he observed the name tag affixed to the wooden frame.

The original occupant of this bed was named "Chen Liao Zhi."

Jiang Luo remembered Chen Liao Zhi ranking quite high in "Next Stop, Idol." His memory was sharp, able to recall the voting list from the first episode.

In the first episode of "Next Stop, Idol," Chen Liao Zhi was decent-looking but made a mistake during his performance. However, his humor and ability to crack jokes made the mishap amusing and memorable, securing his votes just enough for a debut position.

The show was set to debut eight individuals in total.

Interestingly, the other two deceased trainees also ranked high, hovering around the debut positions.

Fu Wei descended from the bed and sat at the desk. The already cramped dormitory felt even more congested with his presence. Tall and imposing, Fu Wei exuded an unapproachable aura, which Jiang Luo noticed within moments.

Jiang Luo wasn't genuinely participating in the talent show; he had no intention of engaging deeply with the top contestant. However, since Fu Wei and Chen Liao Zhi were roommates, he might know something about Chen.

"Hello," Jiang Luo said as Fu Wei looked his way, gesturing towards the bed, "The person who used to sleep here was Chen Liao Zhi, right? Were you close to him?"

Fu Wei asked, "What do you want to know?"

"Just curious about why he withdrew," Jiang Luo replied, "You were roommates. Was there anything off about him before he withdrew?"