Chapter 53

Ever since the Rakshasa ghost was pinned down by the Tiger of yin, a foreboding feeling arose within him.

When the black-haired young man seated in a high position gently smiled at him, this feeling of dread reached its peak.

The Rakshasa ghost observed the arena, where a ghostly beast, locked behind an iron cage, had moved to the edge of the cage. Its hungry ghostly eyes flickered with a faint green fire, drool flowing down, its gaze sweeping across the ghouls at the edge of the arena.

The expression of panic that spread across the Rakshasa ghost's face mirrored that of the people he had once killed. He turned around, attempting to flee the arena.

However, the ghouls that had previously shied away from his sharpness now blocked his path.

The Rakshasa ghost's red hair fluttered with rage, his fangs bared as he bellowed, "Dare you block my way?"

The more frightened he became, the more twisted his face appeared. The Rakshasa ghost, already ferocious in appearance, now looked even more terrifying.

But the ghouls surrounding him did not take a single step back.

No matter how strong the Rakshasa ghost was, he couldn't withstand the multitude of ghouls. They lifted him up and threw him into the arena.

The three-meter-tall Rakshasa ghost fell heavily into the arena, appearing like a child compared to the vast battleground.

Cheers erupted around the arena.

"Look, the Rakshasa ghost is about to die."

"I bet he won't last a minute, hahaha, I've always disliked him."

"Hurry, release the ghostly beast, I want to see him bitten to shreds! Rakshasa ghost, your end has come!"

"Rip his head off for us to kick around like a ball."

There is no day or night in the underworld, a gloomy darkness envelops the entire ghost city, with twisting spirits resembling a pool of ugly, rotting mud.

The ghouls' words reached Jiang Luo's ears, who smiled, thinking how utterly heartless and vicious these ghosts were.

Cruel, cold-blooded, relishing in chaos.

How disgusting, how ferocious.

Yet, Jiang Luo's soul boiled with excitement at this.

Beside him, the Ox-head asked, "Sir, which ghostly beast would you like to release to fight the Rakshasa ghost?"

Jiang Luo's gaze swept over the cages.

Above each cage was a depiction of the beast within. His eyes settled on a serpent with nine heads.

He heard himself say with a laugh, "Since the Rakshasa ghost likes to eat heads, let's release this snake."

The Ox-head's voice carried a hint of sympathy for the Rakshasa ghost, "Alright."

But the next moment, when he loudly commanded to release the beast, his excitement was unrestrained, "Release the nine-headed serpent—"

The Rakshasa ghost was still roaring.

"Who threw me down here? I will devour them!"

Cursing seemed to lessen his fear, the Rakshasa ghost's shouts growing louder. Suddenly, however, he felt raindrops falling on his head.

The water slid from his head down his nose. Realizing something, the Rakshasa ghost stiffly wiped the water away and sniffed it.

The Rakshasa ghost looked up in terror.