Chapter 118

Early in the morning, Jiang Luo was awakened and dressed in the clothes the maids had already prepared, ready to return home with Chi You.

As they approached the main gate, a series of alarmed cries echoed from the backyard. Turning around, Jiang Luo saw servants rushing hastily with pale faces towards the commotion.

Something seemed to have happened.

The carriage stopped at the gate, and the old lady smiled, saying, "Young Master Jiang, please."

Jiang Luo turned back, lowered his head, and boarded the carriage.

The distance between the Jiang and Chi families was not far. Before long, they reached their destination. Chi You put down the book in his hand, and both he and Jiang Luo got off the carriage. He watched Jiang Luo's silhouette, deep in thought.

Throughout the journey, Jiang Luo remained silent. There was no genuine joy about returning home for him, and there was even a subtle aversion.

If he could adapt so well to the muddy waters of the Chi family, with daily vigor, could the Jiang family be more daunting than the Chi family?

It must be said that Jiang Luo had successfully piqued Chi You's rarely surfacing curiosity.

Following local marriage customs, on the third day after the wedding, the bride was supposed to bring her husband back to her family home, allowing her parents to see how her life was after marriage. However, when the servants from the Chi family knocked on the door, the sleepy-eyed Jiang family members, upon seeing Jiang Luo, were stunned. stammering, "Yo... Young Master?"

As if they hadn't expected Jiang Luo to return.

Soon, the Jiang family learned that their young master had returned with the legitimate heir of the Chi family. The entire estate became lively, with a flurry of activity.

Jiang Luo and Chi You were led to the reception hall, where maids hastily brought freshly brewed tea. After the tea leaves swirled in the cups, Jiang Luo's father, Jiang Pingcheng, appeared disheveled.

Awkwardly smiling, Jiang Pingcheng rubbed his hands. "Young Master Chi, why did you suddenly decide to bring Jiang Luo to our place today?"

Behind him, Jiang Luo's mother, Xiao Yan, rushed in anxiously. Upon seeing Jiang Luo, tears burst forth. She choked back sobs, "Luo Luo, you're back."

Jiang Pingcheng frowned at her, whispering, "Guests are here; why are you crying?"

"I'm just too happy!" Xiao Yan shrank back, holding back her tears. "After waiting for three days, I finally waited for him to come back. I couldn't help it. Luo Luo, let your mother have a look at you."

It was then that Jiang Pingcheng remembered. His son and the Chi family's heir had been married for three days.

But he had forgotten, and the house was completely unprepared.

Jiang Pingcheng sweated on his forehead, nervously chuckling, "Right, your mother has been waiting for today. But I was afraid you wouldn't come back today, making your mother happy for nothing. We didn't prepare anything in advance. We've never had a case of a son marrying into another family before, and your mother and I couldn't decide what to do, right? Who knew if the Chi family would let you and Young Master Chi come back."

After hearing this, Jiang Luo suddenly laughed. He didn't say anything, casually lifted the teacup, took a sip, leaving Jiang Pingcheng hanging in the air. Without anyone offering him an escape route, he stood there stiffly, unable to descend from the figurative pedestal.

He secretly glared at Jiang Luo, irritated. If it weren't for Chi You being present, he would have already taken action to discipline this increasingly audacious brat.