BC110: Daylight (Heroes & Co.)-1

[Opener: "Daylight"--Shinedown]

While Jasmine had been gone, thankfully, Yang had finally found her partner.

They made short work of the Grimm.

"Why did you wander off alone!?" Yang hit him in the arm.

"I had a good reason!" Neptune protested. "I found one of the prisoners, Ali. Jasmine went after him, but the Grimm were in the way..."

"Wait, you found him?" Yang looked around. "Crap, we need to rescue him, but we have to destroy that other place too."

"Wait for us..." Oscar panted, running after her.

"Yeah, we're carrying someone," Meridian called.

"Who's that?" Neptune asked. "Oh, wait...it's Es...something, right?"

"Esmeralda," Esmeralda croaked.

"Guys, I think Pyrrha ran the other way," Jaune suddenly said. "I thought we were all going."

"Of course she did," Weiss said. "She'd want to see the big fight. Typical... But we can't turn back now. We need to hurry."

"Nirvana is that way," Esmeralda said, pointing. She seemed woozy.

"Okay, time out." Jaune held up his hands.

"I've got to get Ali," Neptune said.

"I think we need to do some healing," Jaune went on, with an annoyed look.

Jasmine suddenly came hurrying out of the tunnel, leading her husband after her.

"Heroes, I found him," she said. "See, Al, they're all here."

He looked at them surprisingly.

"Whoa, he looks awful," Meridian said bluntly before Weiss nudged him.

"He's better than some," Esmeralda said.

"Hang on." Jaune held out his hands. "I don't want to use too much energy if I need it later, but I can't look at the injury anymore... Does this feel okay?"

"Actually that feels really good..." Esmeralda said, holding up her hand. "But...I think I'm going to be half blind."

"Not necessarily," Oscar panted. "I might have something for that...if it works."

"It has to," Weiss said. "It's just too unfair if it doesn't. It worked for Cinder."

"Yeah, isn't healing people's eyes right up your alley?" Meridian said.

"You can't actually control this stuff," Oscar said. He held up his staff. "But I am asking, Lord, that you would please give this poor girl a break. I think everyone here has suffered, but there's just no reason to let that evil woman have the last word...so please."

"Is that how it works?" Hamish said. "No fancy words."

"We're not really into the fancy words," Meridian said.

"I don't know why that would make any difference," Esmeralda said. "But if you say so, I guess I have no reason to doubt you. So what happens now?"

"You just look at it," Oscar said. "This was a gift I got from a friend. She passed it on to me so I could heal people in this world... It's a slight advantage, but we need all we can get."

"That's so true, Mister...Pine, was it?" Esmeralda said.

"Yes," Oscar said.

"I...can't heal the old scars..." Jaune looked up. "If your Aura isn't enough to heal it in the moment, I can't usually do much. I have more limitations than Oscar's..."