chapter 50: mighty warrior

'That's it!' Ngalu was teaching Kiri how to properly weave a basket.

'Damn, that's hard.' She said, looking at her hands with a troubled expression.

Spider laughed next to her. 'I thought you could never do it.'

'Well then.' Ngalu took the basket out of Kiri's hands and handed it to an utterly confused Spider. 'Let's see you try.' She slyly winked at Kiri, smirking as Spider made up an excuse to leave.

'I think I hear Lo'ak calling me. See ya.' He waved and sprinted off, making Ngalu and Kiri laugh.

'Hey, what are you guys doing?' Ngalu turned her head to meet with Lo'ak standing behind her. She looked over at Kiri, both breaking out in laughter yet again.

Ngalu giggled. 'Well, we were watching Spider run away because you called him.'

Lo'ak looked at her with a confused expression on his face. 'Yeah, I don't want to know.' He said, walking over to Ngalu and holding out his hand. She took it and he pulled her up, wrapping his arms around her and giving her a peck on her lips.

'You guys make me want to puke, in a good way.' Kiri said.

Ngalu turned her head to meet hers, laughing. Lo'ak cleared his throat, making Ngalu turn her head back to him. She looked at him with a puzzled look on her face as he looked a little more serious this time. 'What's up?'

'Can we talk?' He asked the girl in front of him. She nodded, agreeing with him as he held onto her hand and lead her out of their pod. He was nervous, his hands a little sweaty. Ngalu noticed but shook it off.

She felt like she already kind of knew where they were going. She knew this way by the back of her hand. It was the way to their, formerly her, special place. That beautiful tree. He picked out the best time, it was almost eclipse.

One the sun hid behind the moon, those beautiful colors she adored so much showed up again. The tree was there, in all its glory. It was magical. She smiled as he led her inside, pulling the vines to the side so she could go in.

He placed her in front of him, making her look a little confused. Her brows were furrowed as she watched his every move. He swallowed, looking into her eyes. Then he started. 'Listen Ngalu, I just want you to know how much you mean to me. We've been through so much shit together. I never thought I would fall for you like I did. The moment I saw you on that beach, I knew it. It was you, wether I liked it or not. I hated being here, I missed home. But you made this place a whole lot better. I got to see the beauty this ocean holds. And at the same time, I got to know you. And that was the most important thing to me. You see, I was so rude to you because I was afraid I'd fall for you the way I did. But there was no denying, I was down right infatuated with you. My love for you is greater than their powers and their army's from above. You give me strength, Ngalu. I would do all of this a million times over again if it meant I got to be with you. Eywa sent you to me for a reason. We are made for each other.'

Ngalu looked at him in awe, her eyes tearing up because of his beautiful words. She cupped his cheek with her hand. 'Lo'ak, you mean everything to me. You were the one who comforted me in my darkest times while you didn't even know me that well yet. You made me realize that I should be proud of the person I have become. I love you so so much.'

He softly smiled, taking her in his arms as they slowly lowered to the soft moss on the ground. They stayed tangled in each others arms until eclipse had passed.

Lo'ak and Ngalu were sitting on a rock again, watching the sunset. To Ngalu, sunsets meant a lot more than they used to. She saw Neteyam in them. It was the moment she felt most connected to him, beside plugging into the spirit tree of course. Still, she knew that Neteyam colored the sky these pretty colors for her.

She made her peace with Neteyam passing. She knew he was okay. He was with her parents, they would look after him.

And it was only a matter of time before she would see him again.

The sea gives and the sea takes.

After some time, Lo'ak's eyes left the sunset and found their way over to Ngalu's face. The beautiful colors of the sunset reflecting on her face. It made her glow. 'Lo'ak, the sunset is over there.' She grabbed his chin with her hand and moved his head back towards the sunset.

Lo'ak quickly moved his head back. 'I like this view a lot better.'

'No, you can't use that line on me twice.' Ngalu laughed, resting her head on his shoulder while he pressed a kiss on her hair and draped his arm over her shoulders as he put his head on top of hers. He closed his eyes. This is what it was supposed to be like. Everything is in place. The whole scene is right.

He knew that Neteyam was watching them with a sneaky grin right now, making Lo'ak grin as well.

He was right,

he was the mighty warrior all along.