chapter 5: perfection hurts

Ngalu would help her mother whenever she could. She loved spending time with her. This morning it was cutting fruits that kept her occupied. In a few hours she would take the Sully's swimming again. They needed to learn how to properly breathe. It was annoying that they had to go up for air every twenty seconds. Tsireya had already started teaching them but they still needed to practice more.

Ngalu is a real morning person, she loves to wake up early and watch the sunrise. Her siblings couldn't disagree more. Especially Aonung loved to sleep in.

It was almost time for the sun to rise. She made her way over to the beach and sat down on her favorite spot. It was so early, nobody was around. It was her favorite start of the day. She loved this just as much as sitting on the bottom of the ocean at nighttime. It was her one time that she could be alone and have some peace.

Only this time, she wasn't alone. Lo'ak woke up early too. He usually sleeps in but he just couldn't sleep these past few nights. He was too homesick to fall asleep. When he made his way to the quiet beach, he noticed a figure sitting on the sand. The only person around. He leaned onto a thick pole in the sand, crossing his arms. He narrowed his eyes to get a better look at this person.

It was Ngalu. God, how he couldn't stand Ngalu. She was just so perfect, too perfect. She was so much like Neteyam, it scared him. He'd noticed how attached his brother was getting to her. He had to remind him that they'd only known her for three days now. Neteyam would tell him that it wasn't like that. But Lo'ak knew, he could see through him like the clear blue waters of the ocean.

But, did Lo'ak disagree with him? No, it was absolutely clear why he'd grown so fond of her. She was gorgeous, the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on. He couldn't believe it when he saw her for the first time. He could only keep his eyes on her. And she's the chiefs daughter which makes everything so much easier. She's good with the people, she's good with Tuk.

She's so perfect it hurts. Just like Neteyam.

She was making Lo'ak's life a living hell. He had to hate her for his own sake. He didn't want to start enjoying his time here.

His eyes watched as the sky turned all sorts of pink and orange. The light shone on her skin. Her eyes were glowing while watching the sky in awe. He couldn't stand how pretty she looked.

'Lo'ak, what are you doing?' Neteyam had been standing behind him for a while and he didn't notice. He was too busy watching this stunning girl he hated, in front of him.

'I was watching the sun.' He turned around to meet his brother, his eyes glued to Ngalu. 'Bro,'

'What?' He looked up at Lo'ak again.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes. 'Why are you up so early?' He asked him.

'I could ask you the same thing. Did you apologize like dad asked you to?' Neteyam asked him. Lo'ak didn't give him a response, he only sighed. 'Seriously bro? Dad's going to be pissed.'

'I'll do it right now, just shut up.' Jake asked why Lo'ak came back early yesterday because the other kids were still in the water. Lo'ak told him the truth, he got into an argument with Ngalu and walked away. Dad wanted him to not make the whole village hate him, so he's making him apologize. Bullshit, if you ask Lo'ak. But dad's the big boss, so he does whatever he tells him to.

Ngalu was just enjoying her quiet morning, blocking everything out while closing her eyes to take in the nature. She heard someone walking behind her.

He cleared his throat, making sure she knew that he was there. She slowly turned her head around and noticed Lo'ak. 'If you are here to be annoying again, I do not want to talk. You would be ruining my perfect morning.' She told him, turning her head back to the sea.

'I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I was tired.' He told her, matter of factly.

'Why are you so against me?' She tried again.

'I don't want to talk about it.' He turned his head away from hers.

'So you are just going to hate me for no reason?' She stood up to face him. She thought it was so annoying. Why would he do that if he didn't even know her. 'You do not even know me.'

'Why do you have to be so annoying?' He asked her, rolling his eyes.

'Sorry? Me, annoying? Have you even looked at yourself. You are the one acting like a baby!' She exclaimed, pointing at him.

'No, you are being a total bitch. Why can't you let it go? I apologized didn't I? Goddamnit, woman.'

Neteyam saw everything starting to get out of hand from afar. He cupped his forehead with his hand and looked worried while shaking his head.

'I would suggest you shut the fuck up before you say something you will regret.' She walked up to him. 'Do not provoke me, Lo'ak.' She was definitely not afraid to stand her ground. She would always fight for what's right. She's lived with Aonung her whole life, she had to.

His breathing got louder, indicating that he was angry at her. No, he was pissed. He could call her so many things, but dad would kill him if he did. He did the only grown up thing you could do when a situation gets this heated. 'Pxasik (fuck this), forget I said anything.' And he walked away.

Neteyam was unbelievably proud. Was Lo'ak finally maturing? Truth be told, he wasn't. He was too tired and out of it to continue this quarrel.

Making Waves | lo'ak sullyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें