chapter 11: oh my eywa

'Come with me.' Ngalu pulled Kiri up by her arm and ran away with her. Kiri was laughing at the girl while stumbling to meet her pace.

'Where are we going?' She asked in between her laughing.

'You will see.' Ngalu chuckled while running into the Sully hut. Jake and Neytiri were inside with Tuk and Neteyam. She stopped in her tracks, as the whole family looked up with a surprised look on their faces. Her quick stop made Kiri bump into her. Neytiri brought her hand up to her mouth as she snickered at the two.

'Alu!' Tuk yelled and ran up to the girl, giving her a hug.

'Hey, Tuk Tuk.' She smiled, pulling the girl in. When she looked up, she met a pair of familiar eyes. A smile quickly formed on her face. Neteyam was looking at her from across the tent. It looked like Jake noticed, he had a large grin on his face. She focused back on the girl in front of her. 'Do you want to go somewhere fun?'

Tuk immediately yelled; 'Yes!' While the rest of the family laughed at the girl.

Ngalu, formerly bent over, stood up straight again to look at Neteyam. 'What about you, Teyam?' Ngalu raised an eyebrow while Tuk glared at the boy, practically making him say yes.

He nodded. 'Yeah, I'm up for some fun.' He smirked and walked over to Ngalu as well.

'Great,' Then Ngalu turned to Jake and Neytiri. 'Is it okay if I take them back after eclipse? It is necessary for us to be there at eclipse.' She wanted to continue explaining but Jake already told her it was okay.

They were now on their way to Ngalu's pod to ask if Tsireya wanted to come as well. 'Knock knock.' Ngalu joked. Tsireya was still a little bit annoyed with her for breaking her promise earlier that week. She promised to never leave the reef without telling them first. However, Tsireya wasn't surprised. 'You want to come with us?'

'Where to?' Tsireya asked, looking up from weaving.

The cove of the ancestors. Ngalu signed to Tsireya, making sure to keep it a surprise for the others.

'Sure, I'll come.' She jumped up, looking around the group of people. 'Where's Lo'ak? Is he not coming?' She asked, slight disappointment in her voice.

Ngalu rolled her eyes. 'No, he is probably bitching somewhere kicking rocks.' Neteyam behind her felt a little guilty. They hadn't seen the boy for hours.

Tsireya actually wanted to say that she didn't want to come anymore. She'd rather spend time with her new friend, Lo'ak. Well, he wasn't really a friend. She started to kind of like Lo'ak. She liked his mysterious aura. Tsireya always fell for the boys she couldn't have. Everyone wanted her yet she fell for the ones most out of reach. She did notice that Lo'ak felt more comfortable talking to her than her sister, which was enough for her to know that he also felt a connection to her. 'Do you know where he is?'

'No, why would I.' Ngalu scoffed, Neteyam feeling more guilty knowing that he left because of him and no one knew where he was.

'Don't be rude, Ngalu.' Tsireya stood up, starting to become a little worried.

'The only person being rude and unreasonable is him.' She crossed her arms. Why was Tsireya so invested in knowing where Lo'ak was?

'I am sure he's fine.' Neteyam chimed in, not wanting to be the reason another pair of siblings fight. 'He knows what he's doing, most of the time.' He added.

Tsireya sighed. 'I can't help but feel worried. Maybe I should go looking for him.' Now she was getting on Ngalu's nerves. Why did she want to find him so bad?

'Teyam just said that he was fine, give it a rest. Just come with us, I am sure he will come back eventually.' Ngalu spat out, showing her annoyance. Her ears were slightly pointed down and twitched as she spoke.

Tsireya sighed, not wanting to give into her sister. But she had a very intimidating look, she couldn't help but listen to her older sister. She nodded and walked with them. 'Should we ask Aonung if he wants to join?' She asked her.

Ngalu doubted that he would come. 'I don't think he wants to.' When they walked around the corner, they noticed Aonung was sleeping. They didn't want to wake him so they carefully stepped out of the pod.

'He looks funny when he's asleep!' Tuk said while putting her hand in front of her mouth and laughing.

The others joined in. 'You're right.' Tsireya told her.

Once they made it to the cove of the ancestors, the Sully kids couldn't believe their eyes. It was one of the most beautiful places they'd ever seen. 'Those faces are worth it every time.' Ngalu told Tsireya who was giggling as well. Ngalu swam up front with her Ilu and stopped in front of them, indicting that they had to stop too. 'This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacred place. Eclipse is the best time of day to be here.' She told them, everybody still in awe of the amazing tree shining underwater. It had a beautiful blueish shine to it.

'Oh my Eywa.' Was the only thing Tuk could say about it. The others laughed at her comment as Neteyam pat her head.

They dove underwater, hopped off their Ilus and swam down to the tree. Tuk connected immediately as well as Tsireya and Neteyam. Kiri hesitated. What is wrong?' Ngalu signed to her underwater.

I don't know, I'm nervous. Kiri signed back. They learned the sign language very quickly. Ngalu was uttermost impressed.

Don't be, it will be great. I am right here. Ngalu comforted her as she grabbed Kiri's queue and handed it to her, suggesting to link to the tree. Kiri nodded and finally connected her queue to to the tree.

Ngalu looked around to see if everybody was connected as she swam back a little. She didn't connect to the spirit tree, she never did. She was afraid that what she would see, would change her whole perspective of herself.