Chapter thirty seven

It's been about two weeks since I have arrived back from the hospital and right now a panicking lady was talking to mom and Mr. Kim.

"The comeback show is tomorrow and her memories are still not back!" the lady ran her fingers through her hair.

"There's nothing we can do, Lacey. We've tried everything but she keeps getting headaches every time she gets close. We haven't even brought up her whole other life, let alone the situation that led up to this whole problem." Mom quietly whispered, attempting to calm down Lacey.

Lacey sighed and sat down on the couch. "If Jiyoung isn't at the comeback, people will question where she is."

"You can say she's in recovery from an injury, it's happened before." Mom suggested.

Lacey lightly scoffed. "Not an injury like this, what if she never regains her memories. OneDream won't be able to function properly without her. They are already barely holding it together as it is. If Jiyoung never comes back, OneDream will disband."

Mom sighed. "I'll do what I can, but you're asking for a miracle if you want Jia back for the comeback."

The front door opened shortly after that and then closed. I heard mom practically fall onto the couch. "I know it's bad for me to say, but part of me is glad she lost her memories."

"Why's that?" I heard Mr. Kim ask.

"Ever since she became Jiyoung, she was busy every day. I rarely got to see her and when I did it was for a short period of time. She became independent and I was glad for that. Every parent wishes that their kid will be successful in life and she already is. She was only ten and she already had the possibility to make more money than me. An idol life is never easy though, and the way she tried to live it made it even harder. For the past six years she's been trying to balance her two lives and she's never really gotten a break. Now, even if these are unfortunate circumstances, she has a break. She doesn't need to worry about keeping secrets or running back and forth or the press following her every move. She can just focus on being Jia."

"Jia loves being Jiyoung and you know that. I mean, she pulled that whole birthday stunt just in fear of her brothers making her quit. No one would do that unless what they were trying to protect meant a lot to them."

"And I know that. I know that she is happiest when she's on any stage doing any performance. I know she loves singing and dancing and making so many people feel happy. I know that she loves traveling the world and seeing different sites with her friends...but she's just a kid. Sixteen is the age most idols are debuting. She's been doing this since she was ten, Eun. Ten years old! She was just a little girl, a little girl who missed out on probably the greatest years of her childhood!" Mom's voice was starting to break.

Mom's soft cries got muffled as Mr. Kim lightly hugged her. "She may have been robbed of the normal childhood everyone normally has but she got an even better one. Sure, it has its ups and downs but so does everything in life. I'm sure if you asked her she wouldn't change a thing about it."

As mom continued to lightly cry, I stood up from where I was hiding and lightly tip-toed away from where I was eazy dropping. That conversation did nothing more than send me into more confusion. I picked Bomi up once we reached the stairs and carried her up. Her tiny legs made it a bit difficult for her to climb up the stairs yet. Jungkook and Jimin had tried to teach her but it had only ended with her falling down everytime.

I started to quietly walk to my room when I heard muffled voices coming from one of the rooms. Apparently I was really into eazy dropping these days because I stopped at the door and placed my ear up against it.