Chapter twenty nine

I poured myself a glass of lemonade in order to rehydrate. It took a lot of effort to run back and forth between the party and the storage room. Not to mention the hassle it is to change clothes in a tight space and in a hurry. It was a miracle I had made it as long as I have. I was back in my Jia outfit, talking to a few party guests. Even though I had absolutely no idea who they were, I did my best to hold a conversation with them.

"Fancy seeing you here." I heard a voice next to me and turned to see Jihun getting his own cup of lemonade. Of course to everyone else he wasn't Jihun. Right now, he is Jonghyun, the international heartthrob.

"It's my party, why wouldn't I be here?" I retorted as I sipped my drink.

"Hey, is that how you're supposed to be acting around a celebrity?" Jihun smirked at me and gestured around himself.

"When you see one, let me know." I patted his shoulder causing him to glare at me.

"When you see Jiyoung, let me know." he gave me the same pat.

I shoved his hand off my shoulder with a smile. "You have to admit, it's been going pretty good so far."

"I'll admit it at the end of the night, if nothing goes wrong. Haneul has already been planning his victory speech."

"Well isn't that just supportive of him." I muttered looking over to where he and Ari were talking with some guests.

"Do you know any of these people?" Jihun asked as he gestured around the room.

"Not a clue."

"Okay, good because I was really questioning your taste in friends for a hot second."

"Seriously?"

"Hey I'm not one to judge, I'm a very accepting person."

I rolled my eyes at the way he dramatized that statement. "You are, you really are."

He did a dramatic bow which made me laugh more. "Sunhee has been doing well with the interviews. Sungjae almost gave out like ten spoilers and we've only been here an hour. We're going to need to put duct tape around his mouth or something."

"We only have a limited supply of how many times we can duct tape his mouth though." I argued.

"The company should make an exception for this! It's a matter of spoiler or no spoiler!" Jihun waved his hands around to emphasize his point. "I think Mina has him under control for now though."

I looked over to where he gestured and saw Mina ranting to Sungjae about something. He might be older than her, but he knew much better than to start an argument with her. "It's at times like these I wonder what we would do without her."

"Probably live in less fear." Jihun muttered and earned an elbow from me. "I'm kidding, we have your brothers for that now." I tried to elbow him again but he dodged it by grabbing my arm.

I ripped my arm away from him. "You really want to start a dating scandal here with Kim Jia?" I hissed at him in a low voice.

"You know I think I'll pass on the offer." he saluted me and I rolled my eyes.

I suddenly heard a throat get cleared behind me and I turned to see Jungkook standing there with eyes shooting daggers at...Jihun.

Great, I thought, Jihun and Jonghyun are now both hated by Jungkook!

"Uh hi oppa!" I greeted once I recovered from my shock. "This is Ji-uh Jonghyun!" I flinched at my mess up on his name.

"I know." was all Jungkook said as he glared at Jihun.