Chapter thirty six

A/n: I'm so sorry for this long delay! I've  been rewriting this chapter for the past weeks trying to get it to be perfect. I've decided to go with this chapter because I felt like it worked the best and covered what I wanted it to.

My mouth fell open as the car pulled up the driveway. "I live here?!" I pressed my face against the window, fogging it up with my breath. A huge mansion came into view and I began to feel like I was living a fever dream.

Mom laughed lightly at my reaction. "You get used to it. You thought the same thing when we came here the first time. Do you remember what you said?"

I looked at her with a guilty look and slowly shook my head. Ever since I woke up, she and a bunch of other people have tried to bring my memories back. Every time they fail and I'm overcome with a huge sense of guilt.

Mom reached over and held my hand. "It's okay, we'll get your memories back. We'll be with you every step of the way. Me, your friends, and your new family. We won't leave you alone."

Right, my new family...I thought as I held tightly onto a white bunny plushie the boy named Jungkook had gifted me on their last visit. It seemed like they were the most desperate to get me to remember. I couldn't understand why they were like that. Maybe it was the fact that I seemed to remember everyone else but them. That would probably bug them, especially if we were as close as they say we were.

The car slowly pulled to a stop and the driver opened the door for Mom and me. I stared up at the huge stairs that led to the two grand doors. I looked up at Mom who gave me a reassuring smile. She lightly pushed me up the stairs and turned back to the car. "Where are you going?!" I asked in a slightly panicked voice. I might be in the body of a sixteen-year-old but right now I felt as if I was still a ten-year-old who depended on their mom.

"Someone has to bring in all your stuff. You can go in by yourself, they aren't going to kill you."

We don't know that, I thought to myself and slowly walked up the stairs. After taking in a few deep breaths, I reached up and knocked on the door. Not even a second later, the door swung open and I was met with the face of J-hope.

"JIA!" J-hope celebrated when he saw me and wrapped me in a bone-crushing hug.

I yelped as he practically lifted me off the ground. "Ugh can't breathe...room spinning...darkness closing in..." I added my own dramatic flare to the situation and pretended to go limp in his arms.

J-hope was then sent into full on panic mode. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!"

I lightly laughed at the panic that went through his face. "I'm just joking J-hope, I like being dramatic."

This seemed to relax him a bit. "Still the same Jia." I heard him lightly mutter under his breath.

Before I could question his statement, footsteps echoed through the house before coming to a stop in front of me. I looked up to see the other six boys towering over me. "Wow you guys seem a lot taller than you were in the hospital..."

They all smiled at me and led me down to the couch. They sat me down and soon the front door opened up again. Mom came in lugging my suitcase of all the stuff they had brought me. "Yeah sure I don't need any help but thanks for the offer. I'll just drag this all the way upstairs and probably throw me back out while I'm at it. I'm not exactly in my prime years anymore you know?!"

We all lightly laughed at moms complaining as she continued to lug the suitcase up the stairs. Of course it wasn't that heavy but she was being dramatic like me.

"Jia," Namjoon gently brought my attention back to them. "If you're up for it, we would like to try a few things that might help you recover your memories."