Chapter twelve

I woke up early the next day, feeling really happy. My conversation with Yoongi last night really helped me understand everyone and how they felt towards me. This would help with gaining their trust by the end of the month. Yes, I felt a little bad gaining their trust for my personal gain but I had to do this. It was the only way I could finish the work I needed to do as Jiyoung.

I quickly ran down the stairs, not wanting to be carried down again like a baby. I didn't want to cause my brothers any more trouble than I've already done. I've been here for two days and in both they've worried for me. None of my brothers were up yet but I could hear voices coming from the kitchen. I quietly sock skated my way over to the kitchen and saw three maids bustling around, sweet smelling food filling the air. The three maids didn't notice me standing at the door so I confused standing there, watching them move around.

One of them turned around and noticed me standing by the door. "Miss Jia! What are you doing here?!"

"I woke up and heard voices in here so I came. Is that a problem? Because if it is I can leave."

"No, no, no! It's fine! Do you need anything?" Another maid politely asked.

I immediately shook my head. "Not really, can I help out in any way?" I walked over and sat at the kitchen counter.

The three maids glanced at each other, not knowing what to do. "It's not necessary, miss, just go relax."

"Please? There has to be something I can do." I begged, folding my hands.

They laughed gently at my gesture. "Alright fine, you can help with making the pancakes."

I quickly jumped off my stool and headed over to where the maids stood. "By the way, what are all your names?"

"I'm Jae, this is Cho, and that's Yejun." One maid introduced with a smile.

Cho tied a flowery apron around my waist and handed me a bowl of batter. "Do you know how to make pancakes?"

"I can make them better than my mom, which isn't really much." I shrugged holding the bowl.

"Just do your best, we have plenty of batter for mishaps." Yejun encouraged.

I gently scooped up some batter and poured it on the frying pan. After a little bit I attempted to flip it but it just went flying onto the ceiling. "Wow, I think I deserve an award for that." I stared up at the pancake, which soon fell down on my face.

The maids laughed gently and Jae came and cleaned my face. "Here this is how you do it. You don't need to put to much force into flipping it. Just do it gently, okay?"

I nodded and poured the batter again. As slowly and gently as possible I tried to flip it but ended up ripping it. I winced and Jae gave me an encouraging pat on the back. I flipped the broken pancake and celebrated when it actually landed on the pan. I put it on a small plate and almost broke out laughing at the disaster I called a pancake. One side was burnt while the others was just pure water.

"Wow, I really am my mothers daughter." I took a picture of the pancake and sent it to my mom.

"Let's try one more time." Jae poured the batter and started giving me tips on how to do it. After a few very stressful minutes, I finally managed a perfect pancake. I jumped up and down and hugged all three of the maids. I started doing a really crazy dance that made them all laugh.

"I'm keeping this!" I announced, grabbing the plate and marching over to my original seat. It wasn't everyday I made a perfect pancake or, for that matter, anything edible. I poured a mountain of syrup, sugar, and fruit onto it, enough to make my producer faint at the sight of it. I happily ate my pancake while the three maids continued their work. I really enjoyed taking to them because it was almost like I had three mom figures. Of course they weren't as crazy as my mom, but it was nice to just have that again.