Chapter Six

It's been four days since my last encounter with BTS. I had basically just been avoiding them at every chance I get, ducking into classrooms and pretending to be engaged in a conversation with someone. I walked everywhere with at least on friend by my side. Jungkook still drags me to sit with him and by now I've stopped protesting. I've learned that if I sit in the wrong seat he will literally just pick me up and move me. Stupid idol diet that made me skinny.

I avoided talking to any of my guy friends whenever Jungkook is around in order to spare them. I've already given Jihun and Haneul an death sentence, I didn't need to do the same for Sungjae and Minjun. We now ate lunch in whatever free classroom we found available. It was a way for us to be alone without the prying eyes of the seven devils.

I was heading back to the classroom we were gathered in after using the bathroom. I turned the corner and saw Namjoon leaning against the locker, waiting for me. I was about to turn around and find another way to the classroom, like maybe through the vents, when he called my name.

"Hello Jia," he greeted without even looking at me.

I kept my back facing him, hoping by some miracle I could run away. "Uh hi," I responded, quietly trying to creep away.

"There's no use trying to get away when I see you right there." He added. "Besides, this is the only way to the classroom your friends are in. Not even the vents will get you there."

Can he read minds?!, I thought frantically, Because if so we are in a lot of trouble.

I turned around and saw that he was already facing me. I put my hands in my pockets to hide the fact that they were shaking like crazy. "What do you want?"

"Did you cancel the wedding, yet?"

I looked at the ground and shook my head. I hadn't even mentioned this to my mom. Everytime I tried to bring it up, her face would light up at the mention of Mr. Kim.

"Why not?" He asked but I still didn't look at him. "Jia, its very rude when your talking to someone and not looking at them. Especially when that person is older than you." 

"Sorry," I muttered and looked up at him. It was at these moments I really hated being short because I had to crane my neck just to see the top of his head.

"Why haven't you canceled the wedding?" He asked again.

"I already told you, my mom has done a lot for me, sacrificed a lot for me. I can't take away the one thing that actually brings her happiness. If I do that then what kind of daughter would I be? It would be extremely- can I have a conversation with your shoes instead?! I'm going to get neck damage if I keep talking to you like this!" I interrupted myself since my neck started to hurt from looking up.

Namjoon chuckled lightly and shook his head. "You might not get this now, Jia. But we are trying to protect your mom and you by cancelling the wedding."

"Protect from what? You guys?"

"Our lives are a little more complicated than that and we don't believe your mom and you are cut out for it."

"Jeez, how thoughtful. Do you want a thank card or something? Maybe a fruit basket?" I rolled my eyes. "So to protect us, you're going to ruin my mom and your dads happiness? Yeah that makes tons of sense where the sons of the year award because you guys deserve it." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Sorry."

"You still have three days to cancel the wedding." Namjoon reminded me. "Don't fail us. In the meantime, Taehyung thought that it was best to remind you of what we can do if you fail."

"What does that..." I started but stopped as realization hit me. "No!" I screamed and shoved Namjoon out of the way as I sprinted down to the classroom. I threw the door opened and saw that no one was there but all the desks were in disarray, leaving me positive of what I thought happened. I didn't waste a second and ran down the the nurses office. As soon as I got there I felt like crying as I saw the scene before me.