Chapter thirty three

Time Skip: 12 hours left

Jimin slammed his fist on the table from frustration. "Where the hell did he take her?!" For more than two days they had been searching nonstop in every mafia headquarters they knew. Every base and abandoned building across Seoul. There was no trace of Jia or her kidnapper and now they had less than a day to find her.

"There has to be some place we didn't check." Namjoon rubbed his forehead as he stared at the map of Seoul which was covered in thumbtacks, marking the places they had checked.

"All the mafia bases have been searched and checked." An agent bowed his head.

"How about the search team we sent to Chinhae's?" Jungkook asked, trying his best to keep his frustration under control.

"They should be back soon." the agent replied before leaving the room with a bow.

Yoongi held his head in his hands. "What now?! Do we just wait until they get here?! Every minute we spend waiting around is a minute closer Jia gets closer to her own death. Why couldn't she just have chosen one of us to die instead?"

"Because that's not the kind of person Jia is, and you know that." J-hope spoke from where he looked out the window. "She puts others before herself, always."

"If we didn't get mad at her...if we had kept our anger in control, she would still be here." Jin muttered at the ceiling. "Nothing we do, can ever make up for what we've done to her."

"Taehyung, you've been quiet, what's going on?" Jimin brought attention to his quiet twin, who was sitting in a corner with headphones on.

Taehyung took his headphones off and looked at his brothers. "I was...watching OneDream videos."

"What?" J-hope looked at his brother with raised eyebrows.

Taehyung nodded and looked back at his phone. "I've been watching Jia and how happy she is. What I was the most angry about over this whole thing was the fact that she was lying to us and that she was keeping a part of herself hidden. But I've been watching these videos and I realize she didn't hide a part of herself. She is her same goofy, hyper self that she is with us in these videos. She might have a different name and appearance but she is still Jia. From what I can tell from these videos, she's crazy happy doing this and I'm just kicking myself over the fact that we really tried to stop her from doing this."

Taehyung quickly jumped up and connected his phone to the computer and the video began to play on the projector. BTS watched in amazement as Jia danced gracefully across the screen. Her smile was bright and she nailed every beat on time. Her vocals were flawless and her confidence was big. Taehyung changed the dancing video to a video of her and her friends having fun doing their reality tv show. The clip was of her and the others doing a breakout room. While the others were busy running around trying to figure out what the clues were, Jia was sitting on the ground talking to the staff member who was supposed to give them hints. After a while of just talking, Jihun came and dragged her to do work before bringing her back to where she was after she almost broke a clue.

BTS were laughing seeing their little sister who they miss so much. Hearing her laugh and seeing her smile was something they had been craving for this whole time. "She seems really happy..." J-hope commented as he looked at her smiling face.

"Why didn't she tell us though? That still bothers me. Like, instead of telling us she chose to sneak around and lie." Jungkook voiced what bothered him.

"I think this is why..." Namjoon clicked on a video he saw on the recommendations.

The video started playing and it immediately showed how OneDream had gotten swarmed that one day. The day Jia developed her fear of close spaces. It showed how some people kept grabbing at her even though they could see that she was visibly distraught. There were some fans who were trying to protect her, but it wasn't enough. Everyone stopped only when Jia fell on the ground, crying and screaming. Two security guards came and carried her away, comforting her as best as they could. The video ended, condemning the fans that had this happened and swearing to protect their baby Jiyoung for as long as they could.