Chapter three

Dinner conversation flew over my head but I didn't pay much attention to what was said. I still couldn't believe the fact that I was literally sitting at the dinner table with BTS. I was sitting in between my mom and Jin with Jimin right across from me. For the whole dinner I stared at my plate, not daring to make eye contact with any of them.

"Jia, I hear you attend school with my sons." I heard Mr. Kim speak to me.

I looked up at him, "Uh yeah but I don't  see them that much,"

"Oh really?" Jungkook suddenly spoke up. "Because I'm pretty sure we have quite a few classes together" I looked at him and he just smirked at me.

"Oh yeah I don't pay attention to what goes around at the school." I spoke quickly.

Jimin snorted at my comment and I quickly looked at me. He rolled his eyes at me and continued to eat his food.

"What are things you like to do in your free time, Jia?" Namjoon asked.

I started to play with my fingers out of nervousness. I always had to watch my words in these subjects. One slip up and people might piece everything together. I could tell that Namjoon was smart so I had to be extra careful of what I said. "Uh not much,"

"Your mom tells me you're quite artistic," Mr. Kim spoke up and I lightly stepped on my moms foot.

"I just do a few things for fun, nothing major. I'm not that good at it." I finished and mom sent me a quick apologetic look. She knows very well that we aren't suppose to talk about anything that might give my secret away. Not after what happened last time.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and I looked to see Taehyung staring at me skeptically. It almost felt like he saw right through my lie and that scared me the most. Dinner continued like normal and I was only brought into the conversation a few times, which I was thankful for.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat, "Boys, Jia, Yeona and I have something we would like to announce." I looked over at my mom, who reached over and grabbed my hand. "We're getting married," Mr. Kim announced.

"WHAT!?" The whole table shouted.

"Dad, are you serious?" J-hope asked, looking between mom and Mr. Kim."You haven't even been dating that long!"

"Actually, we've been dating for a little more than a year now," mom added as she looked at me, waiting for some kind of reaction.

I was just in complete shock. Married? I knew mom had been dating for a while but it still shocked me. Not only had I just met my future stepfather but almost my stepbrothers? To make matters worse, they happened to be BTS?

"You can't get married," Yoongi spoke folding his arms.

Mr. Kim looked at his son, "What did you say to me?"

"I'm sorry dad but we can't accept this marriage," Jin softly spoke.

Thank god I'm not the only one, I thought but didn't share my opinion, in order to spare my mom.

"Yeona, why don't you and Jia head home. I need to talk to my sons." Mr. Kim said in a dark voice, making the hair on my neck stand up. Not only that but his whole aura had shifted from comforting to scary.

Mom nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room. I looked back one last time to see BTS and Mr. Kim in a stare off. Mom and I quickly got into the car and silence over filled us.

After a while, mom spoke, "Jia, can you please say something?"

I looked at her with an expressionless face, "What do you want me to say?"

"Whatever's on your mind, please. It's much better than this silent treatment."

I sighed, "I'm not going to lie mom I'm hurt. Even though I knew you were dating you still didn't tell me. And now you're springing a marriage on me. We tell each other everything mom, but did you just not trust me enough to tell me this?"

Mom quickly pulled the car over and pulled me into a hug. "Jia, honey, of course I trust you. I wanted to talk to you about this so bad but I couldn't. I didn't want you did get attached in case this wasn't permanent. I wanted the first man I introduced to you be the one that would actually stick this time. I didn't want to put you through what we went though last time."

I hugged her back, "It's okay, mom. Really."

Mom looked at me with sad eyes, "If you want we can postpone the wedding, maybe even cancel it. You know you mean more to me than anything and if you don't want it then we won't have it."

I immediately shook my head. "No, mom. Have the wedding. It's clear that you love Mr. Kim and that he loves you. You've done so much for me already and supported me through everything. You let me have my dream of being an idol even though you knew it would be hard on us. It's my turn to support you with your dream."

She smiled at me, "Gosh, how did I end up with an amazing daughter?"

"I take my thanks in cash," I joked and held out my hand.

She slapped it, "You are literally richer than I am, shut up."

"Eh. it was worth a shot," I shrugged and we continued our drive home. I didn't want to tell her that I really didn't want BTS as my future stepbrothers and by the look on their face I could tell they didn't want me as their stepsister. Yes, I don't think that they are truly bad people but I could tell by their eyes they already had about a hundred ways to kill me.

When we got home and ran to my room and immediately called the first person that came to my mind. "Hey, you will not believe what happened to me tonight." I started as soon as they answered.

Back at the Kim mansion: 3rd person pov.

Once Jia and Yeona had left, a silence had over filled the dinner table. Mr. Kim stared at each of his sons, his kind eyes replaced by cold dark ones. "So," he started, arms folded, "you don't accept the marriage?"

"Dad, they're not cut out for the life we live." Jin started in a calm voice.

"It's too dangerous for them. They won't survive, especially Jia." Namjoon added.

"Do they even know that we're mafia?" Yoongi, asked as he glared at the seats Yeona and Jia were siting in.

Mr. Kim went silent, "No, they don't."

"And do you really think they'll accept us when they find out?" Yoongi continued.

"It doesn't matter what you think, I love her." Mr. Kim shook his head.

"Dad, this isn't love!" Jimin shouted, "It's a teenage love obsession!"

"You're going to get bored and throw them out of the house as soon as your done with them," Taehyung argued, along side his twin.

Mr. Kim slammed his hands on the table, "I love Yeona and I'm going to marry her. She will become your stepmother and Jia will be your stepsister!" With that, Mr. Kim stormed out of the dinning room leaving his sons.

"What are we going to do? We can't bring them into our lives," J-hope rubbed his temples.

"Hyung, find out all you can on both Jia and Ms. Park." Namjoon told Yoongi who nodded.

"I can't believe dad is going to bring them into our lives." Jimin sighed, falling into his chair.

"He won't," Taehyung stated, "we have to stop this wedding."

"Jungkook, you've been oddly quite this whole time," Jin called out the youngest who was still staring at Jia's chair.

"It might not be all that bad," he shrugged.

Jimin scoffed, "Did you not see her in the cafeteria? She had no respect for us!" he yelled pointing at her chair.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow," Namjoon stood up from his chair. "Right now, we need to go to sleep. Tomorrow, we have to convince Jia to cancel the wedding. No matter what it takes."