Chapter sixteen

You can do this, you can do this! I mentally chanted to myself, trying to gather my courage.

Today was Saturday and most days I would be in the studio rehearsing or filming. Instead I was trying to get on a good page with three of my brothers. The older brothers were out doing errands so I was alone with the three of them, no backup coming if I needed it. 

Stop being such a baby and go talk to them! I yelled at myself.

I walked to my door and practically fell as soon as my hand touched the handle. Why, why can't I just talk to them?!

Okay let's start easy. You know for a fact that Jungkook won't hurt you, at least on purpose. So let's start with him. Taehyung is the scariest so he should be last and that leaves Jimin in the middle. You can do this, Jia. You got to!

I quickly jumped off the ground and moved quickly towards Jungkook's door. I knocked softly on the door and felt all my courage disappear. You know what I'll just write them a letter. I started to turn away when the door opened.

"What do you want, Jia?" He asked with a flat tone.

"Uh...can I...can I come in?" I looked up at him and he just gave a small nod.

He walked back to his desk, continuing to work on his laptop. I quietly sat down on his bed, bouncing up and down. I slowly breathed in and out, trying to find the courage to start talking. "Oppa?" I started, trying to get his attention. He lowly grunted, giving me permission to talk. "I'm...I'm sorry."

He finally turned around looking at me with a confused expression. "What are you sorry about?"

"Yesterday, for freaking you out, for making you worry, everything that happened yesterday." I started to play with one of his blankets.

His eyes softened. "Jia, you have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one who hurt you."

"It was a complete accident, oppa. I know you didn't mean it."

"But you said-"

"I wasn't talking to you. When I'm in that certain...state of mind, I'm not in control of my actions. I say things I don't mean."

After taking an encouraging breath of air, I explained everything to Jungkook. By the time I finished, I had fully wrapped myself in his blanket, looking like a burrito. Jungkook's face shifted and held an unreadable expression.

"I don't remember what I said, but just know I didn't mean it. I was talking to him not to you. So please don't-"

"Who is he?" Jungkook's dark tone sent shivers down my spine.

"That doesn't matter, now."

"Who is he?" His voice was more forceful this time.

I shook my head. "Oppa, please, he's a changed man. Don't get all protective. This was years ago."

"But it's because of him that you go through those kinds of attacks."

I reached out and grabbed his fisted hands. "Oppa, he's a good man now. He has a family and everything, he's been a good friend to mom and me. I'm literally the godmother of his son. Don't hurt him, please?"

He signed. "Alright, fine just this time."

I smiled at him and gave him a hug. "Thanks, oppa!" He hugged me back a smile forming on his face. "Oppa...why did you hurt Matt?" His body tensed up at his name. "I'm sorry for ask-"

"Jia, you need to understand that you are now part of a rich powerful family. People will try to use you to their advantage. Boys will try to get close to you, just to break your heart."