Chapter 34

A/N~ For those who already read this chapter before I took it down the beginning is still the same. I just changed the ending a little because I came up with another idea to prevent writers block.

Destiny POV

"Read it to me" I handed him the envelope. He snatched it from me and threw it across the room. It might be harder to talk to him right now since he's drunk.

"What's the point? It doesn't mean shit to you" he says harshly.

"Why are you acting like this now? You were so nice to me on the phone"

"You were lying to me. You made it seem like you were still in love with me. You told me to call you every night, telling me you love me, you miss me and now I just found out that you had a boyfriend this whole time. How long were you with him anyways?"

"...for five months" I looked down in shame.

"And you left five months ago. That means within the first few weeks you were there you ended up with him. That's why you didn't even care about the damn letter I gave you"

"I did I wanted to read it so many things came up" I started to cry.

"I haven't been dating because I was waiting for a response from you. You're always wasting my time Destiny" he said walking towards the door. "Please just forget about me" he says opening the door so I could leave. I can't forget about him even if I try. I know I didn't read the letter. I honestly didn't see why he couldn't just say it to my face. Then again he's not the type to express his feelings.

"Simon you're throwing me out again? You said you loved me" I start wiping my tears.

"You said the same thing too and you're the one in a relationship"

"At least let me explain myself" I cried. Surprisingly, he closed the door and sat on the couch. He patted the seat next to him so I could sit.

"Whatever I tell you I don't want you to be mad at me" I tell him holding his hand. He didn't pull away from me like he usually does when we fight.

"Go ahead"

"The first night I came to New York I-" I started to say but, I couldn't finish. I felt ashamed that I had to explain this to him.

"You what" he said waiting on me to finish what I was saying.

"I slept with Jacob and we started dating" he shook his head. It was very evident that he was mad. "I wanted to tell you but, if I did you wouldn't talk to me anymore"

"Yeah because you showed me you moved on"

"But I still love you more than I love him"

"Yeah right" Simon sarcastically said. I don't want him to doubt my love for him.

"I do I really do but I doubt you feel the same way"

"If you read the fucking letter than you would know exactly how I feel. You think I left you because I wanted to?"

I walked over and picked the envelope off the floor and opened it with frustration.

Dear Destiny,

I couldn't just say all of this to your face because I know I would get nervous. I was never really a relationship type of person but you made me feel things I've never felt before. I know I damaged you. I made you feel like you were less than what you are. You meant so much to me but, I continued treating you like you were nothing. I've cheated on you, used you for my own sexual pleasure, called you out your name, talked down on you, and threw you out my house. Even if you don't end up with me I don't want you to think that's how a man should treat you. I fucked up a lot. I couldn't truly be mad that you slept with Jay. You were just doing what I would do to you. Even when I caught you at Jay's house I wanted to go home with you and take you back so bad but, that wouldn't be healthy for the both of us. We were hurting each other. Taking turns cheating on each other wasn't going to make our relationship stronger. I want to be able wake up to your face everyday, kiss you, tell you how beautiful you are every day. I want to be able give you the marriage that you've always wanted. All I'm trying to say is Destiny will you marry me? We don't have to get married this year or next year. Whenever you're ready it's up to you and I'll wait for you. I want you believe me when I say I'll always love you because I really mean it. I love you Destiny please say yes.

By the time I was done reading. He was already asleep. I feel terrible about even being with Jacob. If I read the letter earlier

Jacob doesn't even believe in marriage so even if I was to stay with him I shouldn't be expecting that. He doesn't even love me enough to change his mind. Every time I talk about any type of commitment he gets angry and threatens me. Why am I just now starting to see all of his flaws?

The man that truly loves me is asleep on the couch right now. I'm going to wake him up.

I sat on top of him kissing him repeatedly until he woke up like I use to.

"I missed you so much. I thought you didn't want me anymore"

"I'll always want to be with you but we can't keep doing this back and forth"

"W-w-what are you trying to say" I stuttered. Is he going to reject me again.

"I think it's best if you leave me alone. I can't stand in the way of every relationship you have"

"Simon stop talking like that" I grew frustrated. Telars started to fall from my eyes.

"Stop crying for me while you're with someone else"

"But I can't stop. You're the love of my life" he started wiping my tears. "So does that mean we won't get married" I looked into his eyes. From the way he was looking at me it was obviously a no. Why do I keep messing things up for myself.

Silence filled the room as I sat on top of him crying.

"Can I at least stay the night?" I said forgetting all about Jacob.

"I don't want you to get in trouble with your boyfriend"

"Please Simon" I begged. "After that I'll completely move on" I lied. I'll never move on from him. He hesitated but he eventually carried me to his room and laid me of the bed.

We were laying there facing each other.

"I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I said trying not to cry. I don't want this to be the very last time.

This is exactly like when we spent the night together that night he caught me with Jay.

I kissed him hoping he kissed back. Surprisingly, he kissed me back.

I straddled him. I need to make him change his mind about leaving me alone.

Lily POV

Jinhwan and I were laying in bed watching movies when my phone rung. It was Destiny.

"Where's Destiny" Jacob's voice boomed through the phone. He better lower is tone. Why did Destiny even leave her phone at home.

"She's here" I lied. She's most likely with Simon. As a friend, I got to cover for my bitch.

"Can I talk to her?"

"She's sleeping. When she wakes up I'll tell her you called." I hung up. I thought of texting Destiny but, I realized she left he phone. Maybe, I'll go to Simon's house if Jacob calls again.

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter