Chapter Seventeen

Please vote, comment, and share

Destiny POV
"Mommy why are you crying"

"Mommy just remembered something bad" I told her as tears streamed down my face.

"Don't cry mommy, I'll always be there for you" she wiped my tears.

I suddenly open my eyes to see I'm in a hospital.

"Destiny you're awake" Lily cheered getting up from her seat.

"Is my baby ok?" I asked. I could tell the answer was devastating when Lily's face completely changed.

"What happened to my baby" I started crying.

"The baby didn't make it" she wiped my tears.

"Do you remember what happened to you" Lily asked.

"Yes while I was walking back home from Simon's house after he threw me out-"

"Threw you out? Like how? Like a Phillip Banks threw you out or a push out the door?" She asked. I giggled a little at the Phillip Banks reference.

"No, he grabbed my arm and tossed me out" I said feeling ashamed. I've allowed him to humiliate me in ways I'll never let anyone humiliate me.

"You better not go back to him. He treats you like shit. You deserve better than that" she said. I wish I could believe that I deserved better.

"Well when I was walking home I got attacked from the back but I was fighting back until someone came behind me and pulled me down. Then, the girl in front of me stomped on my stomach twice" Lily flinched as if she felt the pain that I experienced.

"Then the girl says something like Mina call the ambulance from her phone" Lily shook her head.

"But I want to handle this myself"

"The last time you said that you were thrown out and jumped. We're a team so, let me do a little something something" she smirked. I could tell she was ready to get into trouble.

For the whole day, I didn't feel like talking to anyone but Lily. I didn't even want to talk to my mom. I felt ashamed. I let her down. I was pregnant right under her nose by someone I know she wouldn't accept. He didn't believe it was his anyways. Lily was right, if I would of stayed home and forgot about him like she told me to my baby would still be here.

The next day, I was in a better mood so when my mom came I was more prepared to talk to her.

"Destiny why didn't you tell me you were pregnant" my mom cried.

"I couldn't you would hate me" I said as tears graced my face.

"Why would I hate you for that? You know I had you at a young age too. Sure, I would've been disappointed in you because I have high hopes for you but, I would never hate you." She kissed my forehead making me feel a little better.

"Who was the father" my heart dropped. I can't tell her I was pregnant by Simon. I didn't know what to say at all.

"Destiny who was the father?" she asked again.