Life After ( Sequel)

Sneak peak of the sequel which is now published ! 😊

Omniscient

"Daddddyyy." Addie jumped out of her mom's dark blue dodge, curtsy of her dad as soon as her mother brought it to a stop.

"Addie what did I tell you about that." Lauren quickly chased her daughter leaving her keys in the ignition after grabbing her over night bag. She could barely keep up with Addie as she ran up Jayy's large drive way making her regret wearing her red bottom pumps he had gifted her a few months back for her birthday.

"Hey princess." Jayy placed a loving kiss onto her cheek after scoping her up with one hand.

"Eww daddy no kisses." Addie shook her head.

Addie had one rule for her father and that was no kisses in front of her class nor in public.

"I'm sorry I forgot baby." He sincerely apologized to her. She had gotten to the stage where she didn't enjoy her daddy's kisses in public anymore.

"It's otay." Her lisp that steamed from losing her first tooth was very apparent.

"You forgot this fat fat." Lauren spoke to her daughter ignoring Ajayy's presence before handing over her night bag.

"Heavy mommy heavy." Addie complained before her father quickly took the Doc McStuffins , a character Addie had grown to love themed bag out of her hand

"Damn I can't get a hey, how you doing?" Ajayy spoke offended that the mother of his child could ignore him without thinking twice about it.

Lauren glared at him for cursing around their child.

"Excuse my language. Baby go put your bag in your room I brought you some new toys too." He let Addie on her feet.

"Otay Daddy." She struggled off caring the bag to her room.

"I can't get a hey?"Ajayy repeated. This time using his index fingers to force Lauren to look him in his eyes.

"Hey." Lauren spoke nonchalantly brushing his hand away hoping that he wouldn't notice the makeup that she used to cover the scar that adorned her left eye.

"I need a hug too." He said admiring her curves they accompanied her body over the past few years.

Lauren hesitated but ultimately hugged him.

"I've missed you." He spoke into her hair after placing a kiss on her head.

Lauren enjoyed his scent which brought back plenty of memories good and bad. She missed him too but she would never admit it because then he'd think that they could get back together and Lauren wasn't ready to relive what happened that night they broke up and all the hurt he caused at least not now.

Jayy let her hands roam down her back side before Lauren ended the hug.

"That's enough." She smiled unwrapping his arms from around her letting his hands remain in her's for a moment before she realized and let them go.

"I know you miss us too." He brought her body back to his this time closer. "And I see you got your birthday gift on." He referred to the limited edition shoes that adorned her petite sized five feet. Whether they were on good terms or bad he would always make sure she was straight.

Lauren allowed him to hold her body a moment before reacting.

"Ajayy we can't do this." Lauren once again subtracting  herself from him.

"Why cause you still messing with that bitch ass nigga?" Ajayy became heated. He knew he couldn't stop Lauren from dating other people but it still killed him that she was dating someone who was supposed to be a friend of his.

"Yes I'm still dating Wayne." Lauren corrected him. "And I need you to be able to respect my decisions."

"It's ight' cause you'll be back with me in a matter of time and tell him when I see him it's ova' for em'."

"Ajayy it's not that serious." Lauren didn't miss his temper and over protectiveness one bit.

"Over you and my princess it's that serious."

-

Lauren found herself crying as she drove back to her home, a place she'd become afraid to return to because the once charming and love Wayne wasn't so charming anymore.

He had started to not only mentally but physically harm her.

It started soon after she moved in with him, his addiction to cocaine had become—

Read the rest In the book Life After

If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you, it's yours forever if it doesn't, then it was never meant to be. 5 years after that night. Lauren's not that girl she once was and neither is Ajayy but they've both moved on. They've agreed to co parent and everything was flowing smoothly until Addie tells her daddy something that rocks his world to the core.