33

A Saturday later

Lauren

"You told Ajayy abut Dewhite ?" Momma Nae asked for the fiftieth time. She is the most paranoidest person I know, if that's even a word.

"Momma I told you I didn't I'm not that bold." I expressed. "I'm fully aware of how he gets when other men come into our lives." I channeled searched since Ajayy took Addie and left me hear alone.

He decided to take her on a daddy daughter date to God knows where, as long as my baby is safe in fine.

"Somebody must've told him because he told me I can't see my grandbaby until I get rid of the man in my life." She became emotional. Addie has become a huge part of her life.

"And you know I won't let that happen he's just upset right now." I comforted her. "No matter what happens he can't stay mad at you for too long." His mom is his everything.

"Im just still oblivious to how he found out." She signed.

"Found out what?" I know she causally dates Dewhite but I'm not seeing the big deal.

"You told you I've been seeing Dewhite?" She asked rhetorically.

"Yes." I nodded like she could see me through the phone.

"I haven't been seeing anyone name Dewhite I made that up." She started before I dramatically interrupted her.

"Momma." I exclaimed.

"I've really been meeting up with Johnathan, Ajayy's father." She admitted on the verge of tears.

I don't know too much about the history of Ajayy and his father so I can't speak on that but what I do know is that he hates him.

"I don't know he would react if he found that out." I signed. I don't feel like dealing with the repercussions.

"Me either that's why I don't want him to find out." She said sarcastically insisting that I had told him something that I was just becoming aware of myself.

"Trust me momma he won't find out." I reassured.

"I'm trusting you."

"Okay I'll talk to you later." I ended the conversation because I had to get ready. I'm going out with Kera today and just hoping that Cordell doesn't pop up.

"Alright Laur, I'll talk to you later love you."

"I love you too momma." It came naturally.

"Bye bye." She said before the line went dead.

-

Me and Kera watched the sweaty basketball players as we stuffed our face with fries, we were genuinely having fun.

Me and Kera had became close during this school weak. It's kind of odd how fast we clicked  but we decided to head to the schools basket ball game since neither of us had anything else to do today.

"Ooohh look a number four." She commented as her eyes followed number four who had Jones plastered on his jersey up and down the court.

He was cute I guess but I have a man and so does she so she her eyes should only be for Cordell.

"You have a man so number four should be the last thing on your mind." I joked.

"Girl he my man when he wanna be." She shrugged. "So until he stop playing games number four fine as fuck." She filled her mouth with the fries which we're becoming cold.