36

Am I the only one who listens to Sy Ari The Kid? 😕

Lauren

"What you want to eat love?" Ajayy asked as we head home. I'm surprised he has calmed down, he was very heated at the house.

"Nothing." I shrugged. "I'm tired." I folded my arms.

I'm beyond annoyed. Momma Nae asked for one thing and he couldn't do it.

"Well I'm hungry so don't ask for none of my food." He joked trying to lighten the mood that he had darkened.

I felt no need to reply as cruised to whatever restaurant he had in mind.

After a while of trying to find a restaurant that was open we wound up at Wendy's.

"Let me get that four for four." He spoke into the machine while the car idled in drive thru.

"Will that be all?" The annoyed employee questioned.

I would be annoyed as well if someone came to purchase food right around closing time.

"You sure you don't want nothing baby?" He gave his attention to me. He's so carrying I hate being mad at him but he deserves it.

"Yes." I kept it short.

"Ight I'll just get some French fries for Addie." He nodded turning back to the machine.

I think he's still unaware that I have an attitude.

He pulled to the window receiving the food then we headed home in silence besides the radio lowly playing.

-

I slid Addie into her latticed bed after showering myself and my baby girl. Her beautiful coils were piped due to me washing her hair.

She instantly fell asleep after her bottle that's all it took every time I gave her a bottle.

"Mmm, you smell good." He breathed taking in my citrus scent as I got myself into bed.

"I know." I replied.

"Wus' with ya' attitude ma'?" He questioned wrapping his arms around me.

"Ajayy you know you were wrong for behaving like that tonight, no matter what that man did your mother didn't deserve to hear that kind of language out of your mouth." I lectured. He didn't think I was going to let him get away with that did he?

"Well if it isn't Ms.Pot calling the kettle black."

"Ajayy don't go there our situations are two different things." I brushed him off.

"The bible says honor thy mother and father, no expectations or different situations." He emphasized the last part mimicking me.

"Okay but–"

"No buts." He said finding it to be an amusing time to squeeze mines.

"I'm not playing." I fought to keep a smile from creeping onto my face but with him I can't.

"I know baby but I am, Ion feel like talking bout ole boy tonight." He signed kissing me then rolling over.

What am I going to do with his temper?

-

For some reason I couldn't sleep. I found myself in the kitchen eating Oreo's at one o'clock in the morning.