21

Lauren

"Where yo ass been?" AJayy confronted me as soon as I entered his apartment.

"Out." I blankly stated heading to Addie's room to lay her down. She woke up around twelve and kept us up all night laughing at the way her and Nelly interacted.

Wayne is s genuinely nice person when he doesn't have an attitude. He made sure me and Baby girl as he calls her were comfortable the whole time we we're with him. He also told me to call him if I needed him.

"What the fuck you mean out?" He followed me. "I've been blowing up your phone all fucking night and all you have to say is 'you been out'?" He yelled trailing me.

"Hush before you wake up my baby." I calmly stated I'm not in the mood for any of this.

"There you go with that shit again." He shook his head.

I didn't respond to him placing Addie in her bed then I exited her room.

"So you don't have nothing to say for your self?" He stood in front of the bed as I got in it to take a nap.

I could tell he was very upset I hated seeing him like this. But at this point I'm exhausted so I don't care to fix it.

"Nope, don't like how it feels huh?" I pushed another button.

He clenched his jaw hesitating for a moment then let go whatever he was holding.

"You know what I'm not even about to argue about this. Do ya thang I hope you had fun." He stated before walking out of the room.

He slammed the front door causing me to jump a little but I shook it off then turned over and went to sleep.

-

"We're just not in a good place right now." I shook my head while bounced Addie in my lap conversing with Brea.

She picked Addie and I up because I didn't want to stay stuck in the house all day.

"Fuck him but anyways bitch What Wayne pipe looking like?" She quickly changed the subject.

She won't hold a long conversation unless it's sexual or male related.

"Really?" I covered Addie's ears.

"Yes really hoe I wanna know. I don't know why you always have her under you in the first place she spoiled enough." She shook her head serious as a heart attack. "Take her with the rest of the kids."

I took Addie to the playroom with Brea's ghetto ass cousins then came back to the couch. "Look after my baby please." I asked one of the older ones sitting Addie's carseat onto the bed while she peacefully slept in it.

-

"So like I said what his pipe looking like?" Brea questioned me again.

"I don't know we ain't do nothing." I shrugged.

"Say swear." she held her mouth open in shock when she already knows I'm not that type of person.

"Swear." I held both of my hands up.

"So what did y'all do when you went over last night?"

"Nothing really, talked, argued." I smiled thinking about his bi polar attitude. He is so rude but compassionate when I need it.

"You're such an angel." She shook her head. "But me on the other hand I got dicked downn'." She joked

"Say swear." I mimicked even though I already know how she get down.

"Bitch you knew." She joked. "But what you gone do about your girlfriend back at home?" She picked up the remote.

"Honestly I don't know." I shrugged. "I mean I didn't do anything wrong."

"Now you know if you seen him sitting in some bitch face you would get mad. Not to mention the other night." She smirked.

"Your point is..."

"Even though I don't like his hoe ass yall need to make up. You wrong he wrong, I'm tired of hearing about yall problems."

"Okay next time I'll take my problems elsewhere." I joked.

"Please do."

-

"You having fun ma ma?" I glanced over at Addie after turning the stove on low.

I'm preparing dinner waiting on Ajayy to get home while Addie is halving fun banging toys on her high chair.

She smiled at me attempting to throw a toy.

I focussed back on the food opening the stove to check on the baked Macaroni Ajayys favorite when I felt a block land on my feet. I quickly looked up to see Addie evilly smiling.

"Don't make my whoop your butt." I said grabbing a mitten to pull then pan out of the stove.

She continued giggling. She's so bad she get it from her damn daddy.

I heard the front door close as I rested the pan on the stove. Speaking of the devil. He threw his keys on the coffee table after locking the door I hope he isn't still mad.

"Da Da." Addie clapped as he entered the dinning room.

"Hey baby daddy missed you." He scooped her out of her high chair causing the biggest smile began to appear on her face.

"Hey Ajayy." I awkwardly greeted him.

"Wassup." He dryly nodded before heading to the back with Addie.

I guess he didn't miss me.

After I finished up the food I plated the macaroni, barbecued, chicken and, sweet peas.

I took everyone's plate to the back where they were so we could eat as a family. Something we haven't did in a while.

-
Ajayy

"I'm sorry." Lauren mumbled latching herself around me.

She had put Addie down to bed hours earlier and we were just sitting in silence watching tv.

"I'm sorry too." I wrapped around her to assure her I was being genuine.

"We've been going through so much and I feel like I'm losing you." She whined burying her face in my chest.

"Lauren I love you." I used my index finger to force her to look at me. "And you'll never lose me." I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too." She held on to me.

I can't lie and say that I don't feel like we're drifting. Every argument we have is putting a bigger wedge between us. But I'll do everything in my power to keep is together if not for her then for my daughter.

-