28

Lauren

"I'll be right back Im about to pick something up from the corner store." Momma Nae yelled quickly backing out after she dropped us at Ajayy's house.

Before I could blink her black truck sped out of the complex, leaving me and Addie.

She thinks she slick. The plan was that I quickly take Addie in and tell him that she's outside waiting on me if he tries to make conversation but she just won't give up trying to keep me and Ajayy together.

I figured I'm stuck here for a good hour maybe two so I'll use this time to settle what I need to with Ajayy without getting back into a relationship with him. Even though I know how extremely difficult that would be I am going to take momma Nae's advice and stick to my word.

He opened the door before I could even knock. I have a feeling she had something to do with that.

"Wassup?" He brought me into a strong seductive hug. I've missed those. Before I got carried away in his scent he took Addie from me.

He knew what he was doing.

"Hey." I lightly said keeping my eyes on Addie who was mesmerized by her daddy's presence.

Us not being together is going to become a problem when she gets older. I know she would chose to stay with him over me in a drop of a dime. He does as well but I also know he wouldn't put her in a situation to have to choose.

"How y'all been?" He closed the door behind me with his free hand.

"We've been fine."I sat down on the sofa surprised that the place was actually clean. "How about you?" I relaxed myself.

"I been straight." He shrugged sitting in a spot beside me. "Just been missing y'all, missing this." His hands relaxed behind my neck.

"I've missed you too." I removed his hands. "but we need space from each other so we can–"

"Better ourselves I know." He finished the statement I had told him many times before.

"Then take this as a chance to go have fun with all those women you couldn't keep your hands off when we were together." I said a little bitter. Even though I told him to have fun I would still get extremely agitated if I seen any female near him.

"It's kind of hard to do that when I got Addie's toys and your clothes all over the fucking place." He expressed.

"Who's fault is that?" I excused his language because that would create an argument while we're trying to talk things through.

"Honestly yours." He shrugged playing with the little pink bows I put into Addie's hair.

"Mine?" I said amused. "How is it my fault?"

"Because you said you didn't want to be my girl and you cheated and those are the last things on this earth that I wanted to hear come out of your mouth."

"So when you cheat it's nothing?" I questioned.

I don't know why boys they can cheat but we can't.

"Nah but we aren't here to discuss that so, back to my baby girl." He started to tickle Addie's belly. "I need to see her more than on weekends."

"The only time I'm able to get her over here is on weekends when momma brings me and she has to work during the week now." I explained.