35

Lauren

"Hey pretty girl." Kera bounced Addie in her lap. She had came over like she'd planned, and was playing with Addie.

Addie smiled as Kera interacted with her.

"She don't look nothing like her mommy no she don't." She shook her head holding Addie up. Addie playfully put her fingers in Kera's face.

"What you tryna say?" I jokingly rolled my eyes.

"Nothingggg." Kera sung.

"Addie tell Kera don't get hurt." I threatened scrolling through my phone.

Addie just smiled at my comment not mumbling a sound.

"Addie tell mommy she ain't gone do nothing."

This time she decided to attempt to say something something.

"For real Addie?" I questioned and she looked at me innocently like she didn't know what was going on. "She love going against me. Don't try to look innocent you know what you be doing."

She just decided to giggle and spit-fully smile at me.

"Don't smile at me I'm mad at you." I folded my arms pretending hurt then turned away from her.

Her smile quickly faded turning into a pout.

"Awe you made her sad." Kera commented cradling her then on cue she started to cry.

"AweI'm sorry baby." I got up. "Mommy is sorry." I retrieved her from my Kera's hands.

She continued to sob.

It seem like all at once the front door opened and in came strolling The two and only Ajayy and Cordell.

Great!

"What's wrong with my baby?" He questioned taking her out of my hand.

"She just being spoiled." I shook my head to reassure him that she was okay.

He rocked her back and forth quickly calming her down. He has a hold on her for sure.

"Whatchu doing here? Y'all tryna set a nigga up or something?" Cordell questioned.

I mentally cursed I wasn't ready for this situation to unfold.

"Nigga what?" Jayy questioned completely oblivious to what was going.

"Why my lil tenda' over here?" He questioned motioning towards Kera.

"Yo lil what?" Kera angrily questioned standing up to face Cordell.

"My lil boo, why my lil boo over here?" Cordell subconsciously corrected himself. I see who wears the pants.

"Ion know nothing bout' shorty take dat' up with Lauren I gotta feed my baby." Jayy said before going into the kitchen.

All attention was brought onto me.

"Why she over here Lauren?" Cordell questioned.

"Cause I wanted to be." Kera replied for me placing her hands on her hips. "And I thought you ain't know him Lauren."

"I didn't know you was talking about this Cordell." I lied through my teeth.

"So how many Cordell's you know?" Cordell put his hands on his hips as well.

"Right." Jayy added reentering the living room balancing Addie and her bottle in one hand with a sandwich in the other.