14

Jayy

"She must be sick." Cordell said pulling a blunt from behind his ear.

Addie's been crying all night and I didn't want to disturb Lauren so I brought her up here with me and Cordell. It's about 5 now and I didn't get in until around three.

"Ion know what's up with with my baby she ain't never acted like this before." I rocked her in my arms. It felt surreal holding my baby girl. I'm glad I stepped up and took care of my responsibility.

"I wish I had a little one to take of y'all are goals." He joked reconsidering the blunt.

"You a fool, but you know you could have one if you really wanted one. All them hoes waiting to have your baby."

"Did you here what you said dawg? Hoes what I look like getting out of those pregnant? I'd be a joke." He scrolled through his phone. "They just want my money anyway. "

"Every time you get a good girl you fuck that shit up, so whatchu expect?" Addie was finally comfortably sleep.

"Cause they can't handle this life style. Of course I'm gonna fuck other hoes she just gotta self secure enough to know that Just because I fuck another bitch don't mean that Ion' love her."

"Nigga what?" I laughed looking at him crazy.

"Don't act all brand new now you know yo ass live by the same code. I'm surprised somebody was finally able to tie yo creep ass down."

"I got a child nigga it's time for my ass to grow up."

"Yea whatever man I'm bout to be out. I'a see yo ass in the morning." He stood up stretching not listening to a word that I said.

"A'ight man." I stood up trying to keep my balance.

He dapped my hands before heading out the door with me locking it behind him.

I managed to turn the light and the tv off with one hand.  I didn't want Addie sleeping by her self while she doesn't feel good so I'll just let her sleep with us until she decides to get up.

Lauren was knocked out so I placed Addie in between us and got into bed.

-

"So it's just a cold nothing more? What about her high fever?" My mom question the doctor. She's been questioning the man since we got here.

"Yes ma'am it'll be over in the next few days and the fever it's just a symptom." The doctor explained.

"Is there anything we need to do to help her heal faster?" My mom continued to bother the man I wish she would just let him do his job.

"Nothing more than giving her the medicine I prescribed and lots of hydrants." He smiled.

"Well alright if I have any problems I'm coming for you." She flirted. Ew, This isn't the time nor the place.

"You won't. I'll be right back I need to get your discharge papers and prescription forms." He stated before quickly leaving.

"My fat fat is don't feel good." Lauren picked Addie up off the Paper on the chair. Addie looked so down. She closed her eyes laying her head on her Mommy's chest.

"I hate seeing her like this." My mother frowned. I do too I never knew being a parent would hurt this much. Even though it's just a cold I don't like seeing my daughter in pain.

"Me too momma I don't know how on earth she got sick." Lauren stroked Addie's hair. It seemed to soothe her a little bit.

"Cause y'all be taking her every where in the world when she's supposed to be with her nana." My mom took Addie from Lauren.