Chapter 40

A week before the start of the semester, the sponsored students needed to submit their admission application forms. Each person could list two preferences. Admission decisions were based on the number of department vacancies and the scores from the entrance tests. If one couldn't make it to their first choice, they would be considered for their second.

Bai Yu had little hesitation; he filled in "Comprehensive Military Academy" as his first choice. Although his current greatest advantage was his genetic level, attending the "Information Element Research Institute" might have been more beneficial for controlling information elements. However, considering the future, relying solely on genetic level wouldn't suffice. He needed to become stronger in all aspects, and the institution with the strongest comprehensive strength was the most advantageous springboard.

Soon, the day of enrollment arrived. With his first-place ranking in the entrance test, there was hardly any suspense in his admission application. Bai Yu smoothly became a member of the Comprehensive Military Academy.

Mu Sihan, who shared the same dormitory, also applied to the same academy. On the first day of school, Bai Yu intended to go with him for registration, but the other person was nowhere to be seen early in the morning.

Despite living together for a few days, Mu Sihan remained mysterious to Bai Yu. He was extremely indifferent, rarely speaking beyond necessary conversations. Often, he would return late, sometimes even after Bai Yu had gone to bed, only to find him gone by the time he woke up.

Today, on the first day of school, Bai Yu deliberately got up early. Glancing at the opposite bed, it was already empty, as if no one had ever lain there.

Bai Yu withdrew his gaze, got up, and got ready. Then, he put on the uniform of the Comprehensive Military Academy.

After some thought, he took a selfie in front of the mirror and sent it to his parents.

Leaving the room, the dormitory building was bustling with noise. Due to the large number of students returning to campus in recent days, it was far from the tranquility of previous days. However, this was probably the norm for Emperor One.

Full of vitality and bustling with life.

The Comprehensive Military Academy was located on the south side of Emperor One Military Academy, occupying a much larger area compared to the other two academies.

On his way there, Bai Yu could still see a few omega figures. But upon entering the campus, the students were almost entirely alpha and beta.

Whether it was for this reason or not, he attracted attention from all directions along the way, and alphas approached him, enthusiastically offering to help him find his way. Bai Yu smiled and politely declined one by one, then made his way to the first-year teaching building of the Comprehensive Military Academy.

Following the procedure, he had to report to the counselor's office first. Knocking on the door and entering, there was no one inside except for a man in a white shirt sitting at the desk, with files piled up on it.

"Are you here to report?" The man's demeanor was friendly as he waved to Bai Yu. "Come over and tell me your name."

After confirming Bai Yu's details, he said, "Bai Yu... You're in class 3."

He continued, "My surname is Song, and I'm your counselor. If you have any difficulties in your studies or life, feel free to come to me."

Bai Yu nodded. After a moment's pause, he asked, "Teacher Song, do you happen to know about the situation of the second year?"

Teacher Song replied, "I'm not directly in charge, but I have a basic understanding. What would you like to ask?"

Bai Yu said, "I'm looking for Shang Yufei from the second year. He was my... senior in high school, but I haven't been able to contact him since enrollment."