Just Pure Joy

Within the next few days the house felt fuller than ever. Everything was brighter and warmer and a whole lot happier. Finnick and I took leisurely late night walks on the beach, just talking and watching the stars, occasionally taking a dip in the salty water when it wasn't freezing cold. Johanna had travelled down, still battling her morphine addiction, to live in the house next door to us. It hadn't belonged to anyone before and it was perfect for her. Actually come to think of it now, everything felt so perfect.

"Sweetheart," Finnick grinned one morning.

"Hmmm," I replied, my eyes focussed on the pancake batter I was spooning into the pan.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're the most beautiful girl in the world," he said.

"I've been told once or twice," I smiled glancing at him.

"Oh really," he said, wrapping his arms around me.

"I think so," I whispered, "but I can't really remember."

"May I remind you?" Finnick replied.

Before I could answer his lips were pressed hard against my own. He tasted sweet, as if he'd been sugarcoated. I bit back a smile so the kiss could continue.

"Finn," I breathed, pulling away, "Finn..."

"What? What did I do?" he asked.

"I'm going to burn the pancakes," I said, a giggle escaping my throat.

***
Winter came and went and then summer flew by in a whirl. The months combined into what felt like seconds of paradise. Katniss and Peeta often came to visit us or we went down to see them and occasionally Haymitch would come with.
I used to think I wanted what I couldn't have, but in the end I was proved wrong. My life had never felt better and I can say with a smile on my face that I was now happy. And Finnick Odair was my primary source of happiness.
The End

***
Kind of a bland ending but it felt fitting xx
Love you guys