Stop The Clock

"This whole arena is set out like a clock with a new threat each hour, but they only stay within their wedge," Katniss explained, "it all starts with the lighting, then the blood rain, fog and monkeys, that's the first four hours."

"So at ten the wave hits," I said.

"Exactly," Katniss agreed.

"Wiress you're a genius," Finnick smiled, "the tail points to twelve."

"That's where the lightning strikes every night?" I asked.

"Where?" Beetee said.

"That big tree," Katniss replied.

"Good," he muttered.

Wiress then began to sing an old nursery rhyme on repeat as we all walked into the cornucopia.

"So 12 to 1 lightning, 1 to 2 is blood, 2 to 3 is fog and 3 to 4 us monkeys," Peeta said as he sketched out the layout in the sand like substance.

"10-11 was the wave, what about everything else, did anyone else see anything," Katniss asked.

"Only blood," Jo said.

"Maybe I was delirious but I heard Finnick scream my name," I murmured.

"Do you know where you were?" Katniss asked.

"No clue," I sighed.

"It doesn't matter, is we stay away from whatever sector is active we'll be safe," Peeta explained.

"Yeah, relatively speaking," Finnick added.

A sudden gasp was heard and we snapped around to see Wiress as Gloss put a dagger into her heart, killing her. A cannon went off and she was gone. Immediately in retaliation Katniss embedded and arrow in his heart. I watched as Johanna shoved Katniss out of the way to hurl her axe into Cashmere, who was coming to avenge her brother. Finnick and Brutus we're having a battle of their own but I had bigger problems. Enobaria. She came behind Brutus throwing a knife into Finnick's leg before finding me again. We tackled each other to the ground doing whatever we could to hurt each other. Blood filled my mouth as she smashed my head in the rocky surface, reopening my wound from the monkeys.

"You have nowhere to run," she taunted, "and no one to save you."

With every aching muscle I shoved her off my body and scrambled to stand up. She was quick to bounce back though. We wrestled for a few minutes until she had me on the floor again. She grabbed my head and smashed it on the ground until my vision was blurry.

"She'll die soon let's go!" I heard Brutus yell.

I felt the weight was in me shift off as I felt the blood out from my head. Shit.

"Flaire!" Finnick yelled.

As he did I became aware of a spinning sensation and then a falling one. I felt myself plunge into the depths of the sea and be swept under ready to die, for what seemed like the hundredth time in this stupid place. The water soon calmed down but I didn't go to the surface. I just closed my eyes. That was until I felt someone's arms cup my waist and carry me from the water.

"Is she breathing?"

"I don't know."

"Do CPR! She's going to die."

I felt as two hands pressed on my chest and breathed into my mouth. I felt as my lungs started to work again. I shoved whoever was doing CPR on me over so I could cough up all of the water. It was horrible.

"Get behind her," Finnick said.

I felt myself fall back landing in what felt like Johanna's lap. Her finger tentatively touched my wounds.