Heads Or Tails

I slept soundly that night in a warm bed, in my love's arms. The morning light awoke me from the restful sleep as it blasted through the thin curtains. I didn't dare move, I was all too comfy, snuggled up to Finn's chest.

"Morning beautiful," he murmured.

"Did I wake you?" I yawned.

"No," he grinned, "I've been up for a while."

"Oh," I chuckled.

"Snow's execution is in an hour," he sighed.

"Yeah," I breathed.

"We can stay here if you'd prefer," he shrugged.

"No," I said, "I think we need to be there."

"Why the change of heart?" Finn asked.

"We've been part of all of this, from our games, to the rebels rising and taking power," I explained, "this is the final step, this is where the long winding road comes to a calm end."

"That sounds poetic," he smiled softly.

"Well matter of factory I do quite like poetry," I replied.

"Well at least now we're going our costumes won't be put for waste," he shrugged.

"Costumes?" I asked, sitting up.

"Yep," he nodded, "they've deigned us all outfits to wear to the execution."

"You're joking?" I exclaimed.

"No, look in front of you," he pointed.

I glanced out and hung on the door of the wardrobe were two outfits, all the same leathery black material.

"At least they didn't make you topless this time," I winked.

"Really? I thought you would've liked that," he smirked.

"Shut up," I giggled, "you're such a flirt."

"Hey," he laughed, "my reputation proceeds me."

"Wait did you say it was an hour until the execution?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah why?" he replied.

"Shit, I've got to start getting ready now then," I said, jumping out of bed.

Finnick laughed, amused by my rush, "do you seriously need an hour?"

"I need longer!" I exclaimed.

"I thought you hated getting dressed up!" he accused.

"I do," I groaned, "doesn't mean I don't do it. Besides, it's probably the last time I'll get to dress in all black leather and look badass, I want to make an impression."

"You already look badass," he smiled.

"Only to you," I said, walking out.

"Hey! Where are you going?" he called.

"I'm getting ready with Johanna," I said, "she'll do my makeup."

"But I wanted to do that," Finnick pouted.

"Maybe next time," I giggled.

"Okay then," he said, wiping fake tears away.

I shook my head, laughing as I made my way to Johanna.

***
I burst in through the door of Johanna's room. She was stood at the mirror playing with her short hair.

"It looks gorgeous," I said.

"I knew you'd turn up," she grinned, turning around.

"Ouch," I joked.

"I mean it took you long enough," she rolled her eyes, "what were you and Finn doing?"

"I was asleep," I shrugged.

"Sex?" she asked.

"Jo!" I exclaimed, "god no!"

"Just asking," she replied, "and why are you so anti-sex with him anyway?"

"It's not exactly like we've had a lot of time together," I replied.

"Oh yeah," she snorted, "only years."

"It's never been the right time," I said.

"Okay," she sighed, "what have they given you wear them?"

"This," I replied, holding up the suit.

"Oh cute, it matches mine!" she grinned.

"It'll look better on me," I teased.

"Likely story," she scoffed.

"I love you Johanna," I smiled.

"Ewww," she wrinkled her nose, "I love you too."

***
Johanna did my makeup and then hers after we'd gotten changed. We were almost late and had to sprint outside to meet the other victors, who were already there. The drums were already booming. I stood beside Finnick, just like my dream, but this time, he stared at me, mesmerised.

"You look amazing sweetheart," he murmured, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks," I whispered, "you don't look to bad yourself."

That was an understatement. He was drop-dead gorgeous.

"Save the lovey dovey for later," Haymitch hissed.

"Agreed, no one wants to listen to that," Johanna said.

We all shut up as Katniss emerged looking stunning, no thanks to Effie. She walked slowly and dramatically, rebels gathering behind her as she approached Snow. I wondered if he didn't die now how long it would actually take until he would. He looked like he would soon anyway. Katniss stared at him and the drums ceased.

"Welcome to the new Panem!" Coin's voice echoed, from the podium, "today, on the avenue of the tributes, all of Panem, a free Panem, will watch more than a mere spectacle. We are gathered to witness a historical moment of justice. Today, the greatest friend of the revolution will fire the shot to end all wars..."

"She really does spout the most amount of shit," Johanna laughed, under her breath.

"You're telling me!" I scoffed.

"May her arrow signify the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new era! Mockingjay... May your aim be as true as your heart is pure," Coin smiled.

Katniss readied her bow and arrow aiming perfectly at Snow's heart. But just as she was about to shoot, she angled the arrow upward straight towards Coin. The crowd screamed wildly as the arrow penetrated her and her body fell. Snow went wild with laughter and I felt a smile appear on my face. I liked this game of heads or tails. Playing by the rules, right? Wrong. Katniss didn't choose heads or tails. She chose to destroy the Coin all together. Finally.

***
COIN IS DEADDDDDD 🎉🎉
Hope you're enjoying 💕💕