Quick Ending

"Poppy is dead. The careers found her."

The words haunt my every waking and sleeping hour. I have nightmares enough about the games but now about my failure in my tributes as well. It was just like last year. It'd be just like this every year. I couldn't save the kind heart of a young girl who could've had a bright future. I couldn't help anyone. I focused now on Tye. He was being hunted down by the career pack and they were constantly getting sponsors and Tye needed some. I tried asking people, persuading people but One and Two are the favourites so what luck did the textiles District really have? Finnick's lost too. His tribute boy was decapitated and his Annie had gone mad, that's what they're all saying. But we all know that it's PTSD. No one doesn't have it after the games. Tributes were now starting to drop like flies and Tye's chances at survival were not looking up.

***
I was wondering around the sponsor room, when I was suddenly tapped on the shoulder. I spun around to see a tall woman dressed in pink with blue skin and a short man that was dressed in blue with pink skin.

"We would like to sponsor your tribute, Tye? Isn't it," the woman said, her capitol accent thick.

"Oh, really?" I said.

"Yes," the man nodded enthusiastically.

I handed them a sponsor slip and they went ahead and gave me their money.

"We're betting on Tye," the woman winked, strutting away.

I didn't think much of them but that didn't matter. I had the money to provide Tye with whatever he needed and right now, that was food. He knew he was starving but he couldn't risk anything. I quickly spent the money on bread, stew and cheese and sent it in a parachute. I still had money to spare so sent some ointment. I watched as it arrived and he thanked the people who provided for him. I just wish this could all be over. Cameras flicked to him as he ate hungrily and as he applied the much needed ointment to him arm. I glanced over and watched as the weird woman and man watched in delight as he did so. I still didn't think much of them but were grateful for what they had given.

Finnick was still really het up about Annie. Constantly sending the mad girl things that she'd only cry over rather than use. I suppose it showed how much he really loved her. And I suppose that's why it hurt so much and the jealousy drove it deeper. I wished it was me. Finnick was definitely not in a good place but how was I meant to help him? I'm in love with him while he is obsessed with his mad tribute who is probably going to die. It was needless to say that I was stuck.

***
Me and Finnick stayed at his apartment floor intently watching the games. No one had died since I'd given Tye that parachute, no fights. But we knew the game makers better than that, something was bound to happen soon.

"Three guesses what," I joked.

"Set fire to a forest?" Finnick laughed.

"Oh yeah, they'll be that original," I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"You bet," Finnick smiled, "do you think Tye has a shot at winning?"

"I'm not sure, I only got my first sponsor today. Problem is I never really knew him. Not in eight and not before the games, I only talked to Poppy, watched him train and advised him, he never talked."

"Oh," Finnick said.

"Yeah," I breathed, "he's strong though, I know that."

"Too right," Finnick agreed, "and his dart aim is impeccable."

"You still worried about Annie?" I asked.

His expression turned grave as he nodded.

"Don't worry, she's strong," I said quietly.

"She's isolating herself," Finnick analysed, "it's dangerous."

"She'll be okay, she has you," I said.

"I really hope your right," Finnick replied, his eyes glued to the screen, "even if she comes out, she's not gong to be okay."

"No one is," I replied, "we weren't."

"Yeah but she isn't like us," Finnick snapped.

I remained silent, he meant she's not like me.

"Sorry," he said, "it's just she's pure, really pure. Seeing Pike get decapitated really did something to her. I'm just worried I won't be able to help her."

"I'm sure you will," I murmured, "she's lucky to have you, truly."

"Thanks Flaire," he smiled softly.

Suddenly the scenery flicked to the dam. It looked so peaceful among the arena scenery. Suddenly it became apparent that the screen was shaking...no it wasn't the screen, it was the ground. Clips of the tributes wearing worried expressions covered the screen. I saw the fear in Tye's eyes. Things like tree began to fall, killing tributes but also pushing them together. We could see the survivors were all being pushed into one spot. BANG. The dam broke. Water began gushing out, spreading around the entirety of the arena. Everyone was sure to drown. The camera rolled as tributes were tossed under the waves and soon come floating to the surface, only to sink again as a dead body. There were cannons going off each second. I could see Tye struggling but he wasn't giving up. He still had a few darts left, but he swam towards a body that was still on top of the water and grabbed a metal sword and let himself sink. BOOM. Goodbye Tye. Only two Careers and Annie remained. It was obvious Annie knew what she was doing. Swimming is second nature in district four, I honestly think they just throw them into a pool of water as kids. One career suddenly pushed the other down into the water but the other fought back. Neither won because they both ended up at the bottom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the 70th Hunger Games, Annie Cresta."

***
I got all my info online so correct me if I'm wrong.
This is also my take on all of this, so hope you like it,
Can't wait to write more
Rosabella xx