The Mad Girl Back Home

We both sat there. Mouths hung open like fish, ironically, for around a minute before Finnick got up and ran to the door.

"Where are you going?" I called.

"I need to get to Annie, now," he shouted back.

"I'm coming," I said.

Finnick nodded flinging me my coat and shoes before shoving his on as quickly as possible. Then he practically sprinting out of the door. It didn't take me long to catch up but Jesus Christ man, slow down! He then proceeded to jump into the nearest taxi , dragging me in. I was really surprised I didn't die. As soon as we pulled up the door was flung open and Finnick chucked all the money he had in his pockets and ran. That taxi driver had enough money to feed his district..... for a month. At this point I was seriously concerned for Finnick's mental health. He sprinted into the hospital unit and I was held back by peacekeepers.

"Get off of me you dickheads," I yelled, kicking them, but they had my arms, it was no use.

All I could do was watch Finnick through the incredibly blurry glass, sit beside Annie, touching her, looking after her, wishing it was me. I didn't know why they held me there, I was able to see. But I was soon to find out. I was dragged by the people in white to somewhere I didn't recognise at all. The hallways were dark and small and they all looked alike. Snow's psychopathic mind no doubt. I didn't bother to resist, my body was weak and it was no use, I knew I'd end up wherever anyway. I felt myself being thrust into a room, blinded by the brightness. When I got myself up, I couldn't recall my surroundings. I glanced all around before being startled by a man sat at the desk, intently staring at me.

"President Snow," I said with bitterness.

"Flaire, sit," he said.

Reluctantly, I did. Nothing good would come of not listening to him, tedious as it was.

"I've noticed you're....closeness with Finnick Odair," he said.

"So? You can't kill him, not sure the people would be to happy with their sex god dead," I said.

"Smart girl," he laughed.

"And we are friends," I said.

"For now," Snow smiled.

"Is it not obvious he is in love with Annie Cresta? He did run all the way here for her. You can go and look yourself, they're probably kissing," I said, hiding the anger in my voice.

"That's not how you feel though," Snow said, "you love him."

"As a brother," I replied quickly, too quickly.

Snow raised an eyebrow, "why are you here?"

"We both know you already know but I'll state it for you. I accompanied a friend here so he could see his tribute who is the victor of the 70th Hunger Games," I said.

"Well you must leave," Snow said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

Mistake Mistake Mistake! My brain chanted. And it was right, never let the enemy see your longing, it weakens you.

"You cannot be seen with Finnick, the Capitol need to view him a certain way. Think of the money I'll loose if people think he is with someone. When he is free for the taking, I have income," Snow smirked, "Go quiet or say goodbye to Finnick. I'm going to tell him soon. Your decision will cost his life."

"You sick bastard," I exclaimed in disgust, "Finnick and I are friends and will remain that way. I assure you public viewings of us together won't happen, but if you hurt him..."

"What?" Snow asked, "what will you do?"

"I'll kill you," I murmured, "sometime you forget Snow. You put us in the arenas and we come out as murderers. Watch your back."

"Maybe you should watch yours," he replied.

"Funny thing is," I said, "I don't really mind dying, so by all means kill me now, I have nothing to live for."

"I'll save killing you for a better moment," Snow said, "leave."

"Make sure it's a show," I smiled, before making an exit.

***
Confronting Snow was always a bad thing. But it didn't really matter to me, as I had said. I had nothing to live for. But it got me thinking about Annie. If Snow didn't want Finnick to have any love interest for his money, then what would he do to Annie. I had to tell Finnick. Him and Annie were in trouble. I awaited for him to arrive nervously. As soon as I saw the car pull up, I almost ran downstairs to meet Finnick, but I stopped myself. I remembered what Snow had said and I didn't want Finnick or Annie in danger because of me. I waited in my room, hoping Finnick might come up to me, but unfortunately not. I packed my things up, seen as we'd all be going home tomorrow. After an hour I made my way down to floor four.

"Flaire!" Finnick said, "what happened to you?"

"Snow," I breathed, "Snow happened."

"God, are you alright," he said guiding me in.

I nodded, "but I don't think you are, where's Annie?"

"At the hospital," he said.

That's when it hit me.

"Why?" I asked.

"They said she had bad injuries and they needed to make sure her lungs were working properly, after nearly drowning," he explained.

"We need to go back and get her right now," I said, walking out.

"What? Flaire? Why? What's going on?" Finnick asked.

"I'll explain on the way," I said, hurrying into the nearest taxis.

"What?" He asked, as we got in.

"Her lungs are fine. She didn't intake any water, that's why she survived. She's from district four for heaven's sake. She had no serious, treatable injuries from the games, aside from mental ones but they can't fix that. Snow dragged me in to tell me that he suspected me and you were a thing. He doesn't want you to have a love interest because it makes you less desirable, therefore less money for him. He has Annie now and he's going to kill her," I explained, rapidly.

Finnick's eyes grew wide in fear and worry, "why didn't you come sooner?"

"I assumed she was with you!" I exclaimed, "and Snow said he didn't want us to be seen together so I figured if I came out to meet you or came to your room too soon, something bad would happen to you and Annie."

"Goddamn Snow!" Finnick screamed, "please drive faster."

"Sir, the speed limit-" the driver began.

"We'll pay you more, break it, we don't care," I said.

Almost instantly the driver sped up and we flew down the roads. He parked and as promised we provided him with a rather large amount of money. Then we ran back into the building. I was getting deja vu as I followed Finnick. We arrived at Annie's room and were in horror to find her laying on her bed, a knife wound in her chest, the white hospital dress now a dark crimson. Her skin was cold and she wasn't breathing. Snow had killed her.

***
IM SORRY. I LOVE ANNIE 💔😭
Rosabella xx