Training

Today was training day. So basically I had to show off in hope that Katniss will want to ally me. Fun. I walked into the training centre with confidence, even though I had none. I glanced at Gloss and Cashmere trying to intimidate people by throwing spears. Pathetic. Enobaria was growling as she swung around a machete. And Brutus was lifting weights. Not one of them was scary and not one of them was a winner. I was shocked to see what Jo had done when I walked in.

"You're hair!" I exclaimed.

"Hmmm," she smiled, "thought it'd annoy my stylist."

"You did it yourself?" I asked.

"Of course," she laughed.

"I love it," I smiled.

It was messy and short cut, like she'd always wanted. Her long hair had always been a burden. She was lucky. She could get rid of her burdens.

I made my way over to the knife throwing station, my happy place. Yes, that sounds like I'm a serial killer, but who doesn't sound like that here. This year there were simulator type things to practice on. I grabbed my set of knives stepping in and turned on the simulator. All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye I recognised an orange silhouette coming my way. Grabbing my knife I hurled it towards the man and it hit him, right where his heart would be. It burst into cube like shapes and scattered elsewhere. Before I had a chance to take a breath a second came charging up to me but I easily destroyed it. One appeared now with an arrow from up high. I angled my throw and launched the knife from my finger tips demolishing the object. Then two came at me from either side, so I lifted two knives and threw them at the same time. Even though I'm slightly weaker in my left hand I hit the targets with ease. Finally one more orange figure sprinted towards me. My hand went to my knife pocket to find there were none left. Shit. I swung my leg round in order to hit the man and then, as he stumbled back I ran for a knife. I yanked it out of the metal wall and threw it into him back. I thought that was it, but I suppose the simulator wasn't done with me. The one who'd just been hit in the back suddenly came towards me and fast. I dropped down to the floors and slid past the guy, seeing another knife. I went to take it out of the wall, but it wouldn't budge. No matter what I tried it wouldn't loosen in the slightest. And of course that was the moment the simulator decided to come for me. When he was a millimetre from me I managed to get the linked out of the wall and planted to knife into his heart and it crumbled to the floor.

I was sweating and panting and I noticed people outside the glass watching me. Finnick and Mags were there, Wiress and Beetee, Enobaria, Gloss, Jo and the two from twelve. There you go Katniss. You've seen what I can do. I walked out smiling as Finnick and Jo guided me towards some bottles of water.

"That was amazing," Jo smiled.

"I knew you were good but I didn't know you were that good," Finnick said.

I shrugged, "it's like you with you trident or you with you axe, second nature."

"Do you think she'll ally you now?" Jo asked.

"Who knows," I said, "she's stubborn. She could either want to ally me or want to kill me first."

"Let's just hope that convinced her," Jo said.

"You show her anything?" I asked.

"Swinging my axe around as she walked in," she said, "oh and wrestled a few men."

"And?" I asked.

"She seemed impressed but she's not allying me," she laughed, "she hates me."

"I showed her how to tie the best knot you can in the arena," Finnick said.

"What did she say?" Jo asked.

"She rolled her eyes and walked away," he replied.

"Why?" I wondered aloud.

"Because it was a noose," he smiled.

***
I worked at different survival stations. I made fires with Beetee and Wiress and tested my knowledge on poisonous and deadly plants. Then something caught my eyes. Katniss and Mages were walking towards a simulator. Naturally I followed as Mags subtly beckoned for me. Katniss stepped in and Mags pointed at her and then to her eyes. She wanted me to watch. I nodded as a reply and watched as the simulator began. She was good. Really, really good. Gradually more and more people came to watch the young girl and before we knew it every single tribute was watching Katniss. Before it ended I quickly left the crowd. Maybe she'd wonder why I wasn't there if I left. Catching my eye was the only tribute not watching her. Peeta.

"You're not watching," I said.

"I've seen her awe me too many times," he explained,

I glanced down at his arm in which he was painting on.

"Oh my god," I gasped, "that's incredible."

"Thanks," he smiled, as he guided me to the tree and put his arm up against it. He was almost invisible it was so accurate.

"How on earth did you do that?" I asked.

"I used to decorate at the bakery in twelve," he shrugged.

"You could be an artist with that talent," I smiled.

"Do you want me to teach you?" He asked, as tributes began departing from Katniss's simulator.

"I'm rubbish at art, that's why they always gave me the job if scrapping the waste material," I said, "that's where I started using knives and throwing them."

"You don't have to be good," he murmured, "you just have to try."

He took my left arm and planted it on the table.

"You're right handed right?"

I nodded.

"Here take these and see what you can do," he said handing me some paints.

"Where do I start?" I asked.

"Your hand and then work up," he explained.

For the rest of the day I worked with Peeta and had so much fine, he was such a sweet person to be around. He showed me different techniques to create the camouflaged look. I was horrible at it of course but it was so fun and I actually laughed with him and genuinely enjoyed myself. Maybe meeting these two wouldn't be so bad after. Maybe the plan was worth it.

***
I really did not know how to describe the simulator???
Hopefully I did okay ❤️❤️
Rosabella xx