New

Life sucks.

Don't let anybody tell you anything different, because if they do.

They're either innocent, or stupid.

The cigarette burned between my lips as I inhaled the smoke it produced.

The business men that attended the meeting were clearly unnerved by the cancer stick in my hand, but remained silent.

No one is willing to piss me off.

"You have six months to give me the thirty percent rise in income that I was promised, if not, I will cut off the funds for your companies." I said in an unwavering cold tone.

"Yes Miss Vitale." The eight men replied, all of them remaining seated while I rose.

With that, I flung open the meeting room door and headed towards the elevator.

I can't spend another minute in this office.

The elevator held multiple office workers. All of whom made space the minute they saw me approaching. Some shook in fear, a few offered some weary smiles, the rest just offered a nod. They're all scared of me;

Because I'm their boss.

In the past four years, I have not only rebuilt the empire my mother ruled before her untimely death, but I have exceeded their wildest dreams of success.

For work all I have now. Any spare moment I get, it's a chance to do some work, work to protect the ones I love.

"To warehouse twelve Tony." I said to my driver as he held open the car door.

"Yes Ma'am." He nodded in response.

The raging traffic of LA wizzed past the window I looked out of, having take off land roads thanks to the jeep I had Tony drive.

Moving back to LA was probably my best option.

Within half an hour, the car was parked outside of the warehouse.

Tony opened the door for me once again, and closed it behind me as I headed inside. This warehouse was where the majority of the hand to hand combat training was completed.

"Boss." Everyone welcomed as I entered, all with apprehensive looks on their faces.

The thing with being the boss is, I earn loyalty by respect, not fear. But that doesn't mean to say they don't fear my outbursts of fury.

It happens more often than not.

"Continue!" I ordered, passing by the groups of members.

Today was basic training for the higher ranking members. Like jujitsu choke holds or leg locks and arm bars.

My office was located at the back of the building, behind the bar in which I took a frequent drink. Lenny works mainly with the computer and legal side of the business while I remain on the other side.

Theo and Andrea have been working with us occasionally too, but still have more loyalty to the Italians.

My office was decorated with a dark mahogany wood: desk, coffee table, book shelves, file shelves, and the door. The walls were a deep charcoal, emphasising the redness of the velvet cushions on the black leather sofas and arm chairs by the fire place.

"Boss." A knock sounded at the door.

"Come in." Opening the door, Josh and Megan walked through with a smile on their faces.

"Update?" I asked them, wondering why they were here.

"Yes, Josh, if you will." Megan answered.

"Warehouses two, there, seven and nine are fully stocked with the drugs we brought in from France. Warehouses one, four, five, six and eight hold all the weapons purchased by the Japanese and the remaining warehouses are filled with the cars and car parts we stole." Josh listed off as he stood there in his ironed grey suit.

"Anything else?" I questioned.

"Leon is here, he's playing with his car outside." Megan added, a grin on her face at the mention of Leo.

"Send him in." I chuckled, already seeing him through the glass of my office door.

Opening the door, Josh nodded his head, and in came Leon.

His little shoes padded against the marble of the office floor. His black hair with natural brown streaks was cut down into a fringe over his face and shaved on the sides like he wished.

The whiteness of his t-shirt stood out against the sun kissed tan of his skin. And those clear emerald eyes shone beautifully in the reflection of the fire from the fireplace.

"Mama!" His innocent smile shone brighter as he sprinted full force towards me.

"Leon!" I matched his cheerful tone.

"Uncle Josh got new fire for car." Was what I understood of his baby babble.

"That's amazing." I commented on the flames Josh bought for Leon's black mustang. "Did you say thank you."

"Yes he did." Josh chuckled as Leon began to rapidly nod his head.

Leon then began showing me all the cool "flips" his car could do -while he had ahold of it-. I sat in awe as I watched my son so entranced with his toy he revived for his third birthday.

By now, Megan and Josh left to continue their work, which I have no doubt they have plenty of. Megan is my right hand, and Josh is my underboss, and Jake, who is still loyal to the French Mafia is my lead tech guy, and Callie is my lead director for the fashion business.

"Mama! Daddy is outside!" Leon's chubby three year old finger was pointing towards gym mat outside the office.

"Let's go see him then." I cooed as I heaved Leon onto my hip.

With his arms wrapped around my neck, I carried my son and headed outside to the training mat where my loving boyfriend stood.

"Daddy!" Leon shouted as we neared.

Turning around, a joyful grin broke out onto his face at the sight of my son in my arms. His gaze shifted to me and that joyful grin became even brighter in my presence.

"Leon, my little devil." He kissed Leon's forehead before taking him out of my arms and holding him as I did.

"Liv, my beautiful darling." He pressed his lips to mine in a welcoming kiss. We continued until we realised that not only were loads of my members around us, but also my son.

"Logan, my loving blob." I pecked his lips before wrapping my arms around his waist.