30

Samaria DavisPalm Springs, California June 11, 2021

Samaria Davis
Palm Springs, California
June 11, 2021

Missing you by Brandy blasted through out the church as people walked in and out the church. It was the end of the service for Sage funeral and good to say Samaria and Sean didn't not cry, yeah a few tears but full blown? No. Sage mom, friends, and Nyla cried.

Seeing her in the casket was difficult for all of them because her death was so unexpected. She didn't have no issues with her health, no disorders or anything for her to die in her sleep was strange.

Kentrell was on Samaria side the whole time at the funeral same with Sherhonda, Teelee, and Kendell. Kentrell homeboys came also to some respect. Sean actually did invite Nau'jour to the funeral the day before the funeral, the both was mad when they seen Kentrell walk through those double doors with his family.

When Sean found out Samaria forgave Kentrell and let him back into his daughter and grandson life he didn't like the idea he feel like Kentrell would abandon them again. During the whole service Sean and Nau'jour mugged him the whole time, Kentrell seen it but he ignored it for Samaria sake. He didn't want to ruin the funeral over something stupid.

"Sam? How you're holding up?" Sherhonda asked as soon as she walked out the church.

"I'm doing okay for right now just trying to be strong." she gave Sherhonda a small smile fixing the glasses that were on her face.

"As long as you be strong then your days will be and get better trust me." Sherhonda pointed. "Every time you do something good just remember your sister is proud of you even if she's not here, she's here right there." she pointed to her heart. "Oh, I got you a gift."

Sherhonda pulled out a blue squared box out of her purse. "Nyla told me your sister loved this animal." she placed the box in Samaria hand. "Don't open it until you get home okay?"

Samaria nodded. "Okay I won't open it until I get home. I promise ." she held the box to her chest.

"Teelee told you said we can keep Kacey for tonight."

"Oh yes, she asked if she can watch Kacey since she didn't see him while we was in Texas."

"Awe okay I was making sure." Sherhonda smiled. "Imma get going to the graveyard before it get packed and imma have some problems."

"Okay." Samaria laughed at her. "She funny ass h- oops." she covered her mouth realizing she was still at church.

"I heard that too." Kentrell walked in front of her with Kendell and Ben by his side. "Outcha cussin' at the house of god."