11

Samaria Davis Palm Springs, California January 15th, 2021

Samaria Davis
Palm Springs, California
January 15th, 2021

"It started when we were younger, you were my, my boo." Samaria sung along my boo by Usher that was connected to her speaker. Samaria was working on her last client of the day, she has been doing lashes all day. She came in at work around ten in the morning, and now it was going on six.

She was exhausted, but she still managed to get her client's lashes done. It was only her and two other workers in the shop who also been there all day. "Okay, I want you to hold the fan for me." Samaria gave her client a mini fan to dry her lashes.

"Try not to open your eyes, my alarm will go off to let you know you can open them and turn off the fan." Samaria told her and her client nodded carefully.

Rolling back in her rolling chair, she got up from the chair to go in the front of the shop. "I'm hungry." she mumbled, rubbing the lower area of her stomach. "I thought y'all would've been gone bye now." Samaria said to her coworkers.

"This my last client of the day." Tasha pointed to the girl who was sitting in the chair getting her hair done in some knotless.

"I could've been gone if Ms. I don't know how to drive didn't wreck her car." Ariel slowly turned her head towards Tasha who was quietly laughing. "Ain't nothing funny."

"The old man ran into me." Ariel defended herself. "Now he got my BMW in the shop. I had just got my car too." she rolled her eyes.

"Ou bitch, the fit I would've made." Samaria waved her hand around. "Especially if the car was new."

"The man paying for it to get it fix, you know I had to do extra shit to my car so it can be more than it already was." she stuck her tongue out.

"I know that's right!" her client agreed with her. "Shit my petty ass would've told him to buy me a new car." she felt over her hair to see how many braids were left, but Tasha popped her hand.

"You got like five left, calm down." Tasha parted her hair.

"I don't see how y'all can do hair! My fingers would hurt like hell." Samaria watched Tasha braid fast as ever. "And you're a fast braider too."

"I'm soo used to it now, at first I used to wanna quit but once I learned how to actually do hair I'm like okay I fucks with it. It's all about patience if I'm being honest." Tasha explained.

"That's how it was with me, but now? I'm tired of doing hair but it's making me money, I might as well keep doing it." Ariel butted in. "Wait no! How you do lashes? That shit take hourss."

"It's basically what Tasha said, all about patience. When I first started I use to take three hours just to do one client, but once I started doing it more and more I only take an hour and thirty minutes the most."

"I need to start coming to you to get my lashes done because the lady who do mine take years then she be taking breaks too, I'm like? Bitch get my lashes done." Tasha client huffed.

"Then why the hell you keep going to her?" Samaria scrunched her face up, after hearing what she just heard. "That's unprofessional."

"Because she cheap. People be charging a leg and an arm like I don't got bills to pay too."

"Yeen neva' lied!" Ariel clapped her hands.

"Girl just come to me! Ion charge that much at all, before you leave my card on the counter over here." Samaria picked up one of her business cards from the black bin it was sitting in.

"I gotcha girl."

Hearing the alarm from her phone Samaria turned on her heel to go back to her room. "Looks like you're done." she said once the girl opened her eyes. "Did you need another lash brush cleaner?"

"Yes, please!" the girl slightly yelled. "Oops my bad, ian realized I was that loud." she covered her mouth.

"It's okay, it's barely people in here anyways." Samaria chuckled, handing her a freshly new lash brush cleaner. "You can just leave the fan on the bed, other than that you're all set!"

"Thank you! Once again, I'll be back in three weeks." the girl smiled looking, at herself in her camera. "Byee."

Samaria waved, finally the girl left out the room. "Finally I can leave." she let out a breath. Samaria gathered all her belongs, she walked over to where her lights were to turn them off. Once she turned them off she left out her room, closing the door behind her.

"You about to leave?" Tasha asked.

Samaria nodded. "Yess! I'll see y'all in two days." she waved at the three girls who were all seated in one section.

"Alright, bye and be safe." Ariel pointed at her. "People crazy out here."

"i will, byee." she waved once again, leaving out the building.