17

Samaria Davis Palm Springs, California February 15th, 2021

Samaria Davis
Palm Springs, California
February 15th, 2021

"No, he's sleeping right now." Samaria said over the phone with Teelee, they were on FaceTime. "Look at him." she flipped the phone so Teelee can see him.

"He so adorable." Teelee cooed over her nephew, taking a couple of photos him. "Can't wait to hold himm."

"I hope I don't spoil him, especially with holding him. I feel like I'm already am, I been holding him non stop." Samaria flipped the camera back onto her. She laid sideways on her bed making sure to be careful to not to wake up her Kacey who was just put to sleep fifteen minutes ago.

"I think I might fly out a little earlier, I can't wait for Sherhonda to finish what she got to do." Teelee grumbled, rolling her eyes. "He be crying a lot?"

"No, he a chill ass baby. He only cry if he's hungry and that's pretty much it, he just be chilling looking around."

"Must be nice! Rylie ass use to be crying up a storm, almost gave his ass away. Fucked up my sleeping schedule and all." Teelee said reminiscing the times when her son use to cry.

"Girl you had it baddd. Kacey be sleeping through out the whole night and I love it. The earliest he wake up is six and that's perfect for me." She looked above her phone to see him. "I love himm so much."

"I bet you do! Babies bring a different type of love for real."

For a few more minutes they finished up their conversation since Nau'jour was calling Samaria to let her know he was outside. "You look hot." Samaria opened the door a little wider so he can come in.

"It's eighty sum' degrees out here." He placed his bag on the couch. "Where he at?" He asked referring to Kacey.

"Upstairs, sleeping." She responded, walking upstairs back to her room with Nau'jour following behind her. "How long you staying?"

"A week. I got a show on Sunday in Florida." He lowly spoke since they both made it back into the room. "Nigga small ass."

Samaria looked back. "He supposed to be big?" She made a face as she carefully got in the bed.

"I mean yo stomach was big ass fuck so yeah." He nodded, thinking he made some type of sense but really didn't.

"You should've paid attention in school because ain't no way you tho- okay." She said over the whole conversation.

*

"Nau'jour you supposed to put water in the bottle first, add three scoops of the formula, then shake the bottle. Remind me to not ask you to babysit at all." She sighed watching Nau'jour who tried to make a bottle for Kacey. "You might kill my baby."

"So youtube showed me the wrong shit? Before I came here I was watching videos on how to make a bottle." He put his hands up in defense. "You make the bottle and I watch and learn."

"You must've watched the wrong video but okay. Hold him for me and be careful with his head." Samaria gave Kacey to Nau'jour, assuring his head was okay.

"I know how to hold a baby lil girl." He waved her off. "He don't cry? Ian hear him cry yet." Nau'jour said with his face scrunched up.

"Because he's not a cry baby." Samaria mumbled as she fixed her baby a bottle. "You want to feed him?" She asked as she handed him the bottle.

"Yeah." He gladly took the bottle from out of her hands, putting the nipple of the bottle to Kacey mouth he immediately attached his lips to the bottle. "Oh he hungry, hungry." Nau'jour chuckled.

"He was sleep for a good lil minute." Samaria said, cleaning up the area where she fixed his bottle.

"Don't babies supposed to eat five times a day or something?" Nau'jour asked, making his way to the couch to sit down.

"They're supposed to eat every two-four hours, as they get bigger their stomach can hold more milk and so they can gain weight, be healthy." She explained to him.

"So in a few weeks he should be bigger? Not as small as he is now?" He asked and she nodded. "Awe okay, okay."

"Still stuck on what you said earlier... what you said was just nonsense."

"I was being deadass though because how the fuck girls stomachs be so big during pregnancy and when the baby come the baby small ass ever? I just don't get it."

"Go do some research." She simply replied. "Let me know when he done so I can burp him."

"Let me do it." Nau'jour volunteered.

"No you're heavy handed you might slap my baby on accident." Samaria shook her head. "Therefore I'll do it."

"I'm not, I'm not."

"Nau'jour no!"

"You're no fun." he made a face. "Kacey your mommy no fun at all." he spoke looking down at him.

Samaria looked at him and rolled her eyes. "Shut up."