How Do You Spell Relief?

WARNING!

This chapter will include sexual content.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

****************

Ray hummed a little tune to himself as he walked up to the Smith family's apartment with a bit of skip in his step. He was excited because he and Maya would have the house to themselves for a few hours while the kids were all out. Cole, Jay, Kai, Lloyd, and Nya had all gone to the Mega Monster Amusement Park to try out some of their new rides. They were all super excited and Nya mentioned they were going out for dinner later, so they wouldn't be back until tonight.

The only ones not going to the amusement park were Harumi, Morro, Pixal, and Zane.

Harumi's parents, mainly her father, didn't like the idea of their daughter hanging around with 'the freaks' as her father described it, so they had suddenly dragged her off to some last-minute conference. Morro had gotten a detention, again, so he was grounded. Pixal and Zane were on a date somewhere. Ray was looking forward to spending some quality time with his wife, but as he entered the apartment, he was met with two surprises. He could hear Nya and Kai shuffling around in their rooms.

He thought that they might have left by now, but he must have gotten the time wrong.

The surprise was Maya. She was slumped on the couch with a depressing look on her face. He hadn't expected her to look so miserable, especially when she had more time at home. Recently, Ray and Maya made a decision and she went on part-time work. This was so they could keep a closer eye on the kids, and so one of them could be here if anything came up.

"Hey, how was your day?" He asked the love of his life, but he was met with an unenthusiastic response.

"It was boring, I order this little figurine thing online, it's really ugly." She pouted and sighed in boredom. "But it will take four to six weeks to get here and I wanted something to look forward to." She added as she slumped further into the couch. Ray nodded slowly as he kicked off his shoes and hung up his coat and bag.

"You know, um, you're not working and you have all this free time on your hands so why not go to the gym? They deduct twenty dollars from our bank every month so we might as well check to see if they're still in business." He smiled, only to be met by a glare from his wife.

"Are you saying I'm fat?!" She snarled and Ray slowly backed away.

"No, no! It's just something to get the endorphins going, I read somewhere that that's a natural anti-depressant." He smiled nervously and Maya groaned as she leaned back on the couch with a large pout. "You know, real anti-depressants work too." He suggested and at that, Maya suddenly got up and stormed to their bedroom. Ray sighed and headed to the kitchen to grab something to eat. He settled for some pot noodles, but he didn't get a chance to eat them.

After boiling the kettle and pulling off the wrapper, he made to put it in the trash.

Only to freeze when something displeasing caught his eyes. Reaching into the trash can, he pulled out an empty box of pregnancy tests and he almost screamed in horror when he realized this.

"NYA! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!" He shouted louder than he probably should have, but he was too upset to give a damn. Fearing the worst, Nya came running out of her bedroom to see what was wrong.

"What do you want?" She asked, only for Ray to shove the box in her face.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!" He shouted, his face growing redder and redder by the second.