XVIII

It's safe to assume none of us expected a house in the middle of nowhere.

Did I say house?
That looked more like a mansion than a house.

-Is this for us?
-Isn't this some kind of mistake? -I asked the soldiers who were escorting us.

-Negative.

-Wow.
It felt a little strange not having any neighbors but I suppose it was necessary.
They wouldn't like to have to kidnap and silence people I guess.

We entered a living room complete with some sofas, a television and even a glass case, filled with glasses and cups.
I could see some hallways leading to other rooms, probably for the anomalies.

(The foundation was feeling rather generous.)
(But I guess the price of keeping this place is much less than keeping 682 captive).

I had the feeling that we were being watched, but I couldn't find any cameras anywhere I looked which made me nervous.

682 didn't say anything since we got out of the truck, on the other hand Mal0 was very excited and ran all over the place.

(She seemed to have forgotten that all of this is from the foundation).

A man approached me and handed me what appeared to be a black phone.

After a brief explanation I understood that the device would be mine and that it had an advanced GPS so they would always know my location.
And also they could see what I was browsing, so I couldn't contact anyone.

-THERE'S A BATHTUB! -Mal0's voice echoed through the house.

(Why is she excited about a bathtub, she's never taken a bath befor--)

-OH!

(More than a bathtub it looked like a jacuzzi..)
(No expense had been spared by the foundation).

That made me think, i still had no idea what the foundation was going to ask from me.

If they were so generous to give us something like this then it would have to be something very important.

I walked to the living room sofa and laid down, trying to get some rest.
The sofa was not that soft, but it was more comfortable that the truck floor from before.

____________________________________________

I woke up and almost screamed from the shock of seeing 682 curled on the floor below me.
I went to the bathroom, but when I got to the door I could hear water running.

I felt very strange having so many comforts and luxuries.

(Too bad I don't have my computer.) -I thought as I laid down on the sofa in the living room.
I wished I could be at home right now, playing some videogames...

But apparently my new phone had the same music as my old one, so I guess that's something.

___________________________________________

I felt a distant sound..
As if someone was hitting something repeatedly.

-Knock, knock, knock.

It was getting faster and louder.

-Knock, knock, knock, knock.

I opened my eyes hoping to wake up on the stone platform, but it was only the same living room where I had fallen asleep.

Half awake, I walked to the bathroom and went inside.

I saw the dirty pajamas I had given Mal0 lying on the floor, and a bathtub full of water, but no one inside, Mal0 was crouched next to it with one hand in the water.

-I'm sorry! -I exclaimed, looking away.
-...
-What are you doing? -I asked, looking back a little.

-Oh! I'm going to...
-Take a bath! -She exclaimed as if they were doing something weird.

-Ah.
-Good luck, then...? -I said closing the bathroom door.

-One question...
-How does one take a bath? -She asked from inside the bathroom.

-Soap and water. -I answered from the hallway, as I peeked inside the rest of the rooms in the house.

There were four rooms, completely the same as each other, with a bed and a nightstand.
No other furniture was in the rooms, not even a closet.
Satisfied with my investigation, I went back downstairs to continue my dream.

As I went back to the living room i came across a Mal0, holding a brush and looking around.

-Could you do me a big favor? -Asked a static voice.

-Depends on the favor. -I answered

She handed me the brush and I started to laugh.
-Do you want me to brush your hair?

-No...?
-I want you to give me a bath!

-Hahaha...
-Wait, are you serious? -I added when I saw that she wasn't laughing with me.

__________________________________________

I don't know why I agreed to this, it was obvious that it was going to be problematic.

-First you have to get in the water, obviously.

-About that...

...
-What's wrong? -I asked when I saw that she was hesitating.

-I...can't.

It was hard work getting her to put their head underwater.
It was even harder to get all the foam out of her fur.
I used almost a whole bottle of shampoo to get rid of the knots in her fur.

Her tail was going crazy while I was combing her hair, which reminded me of a dog I used to have.
After all the washing and combing 1471 smelled of tropical fruits.
Although it still had a strange ash-like smell.

_______________________________________________

Exhausted I went back to the living room with Mal0 following me.
She laid right besides me, comforting me with her warm and now soft fur, like a comfy blanket.

I was too tired to be embarrassed, and I quickly fell asleep.

______________________________________________

I'd appreciate if you could point out typos and stuff, I'm still learning english and I would like for this story to be as enjoyable as possible.

As always, thank you for reading!!!