XII

Everything happened very quickly, I saw the scientist leave with the guard and leave me behind, inside the elevator.

I tried to get out, but the guard pushed me back.

I fell to the ground and when I tried to get up I could see the barrel of the rifle of one of the guards a few inches from my face.

-What do we do with this one? -asked the guard with the hoarse voice.

-I don't know... He's too young to be a Class D.

-But look what he's wearing. -He said, pointing to my blue clothes.

-Tell us your name. -Said the guard, lowering the barrel a little.
-Bu-Bur-Burnett. -I stuttered.
-...

The guards exchanged glances and there was an uncomfortable silence.

-Burnett, you'll have to come with us until we get info to decide what we'll do with you.

I was getting up when there was a loud static sound and the elevator doors closing, trapping both of us inside and leaving the scientist and the other guard behind.

Seconds later it began to descend.
The soldier tried to push the buttons again but there was no response.
-Hello? Do you hear me?
He tried to use his radio but apparently got no response from the other side.

The elevator finally stopped and we got out.
I was pretty scared, I'd just come out of that hellhole and now i was going back in...
-There's another elevator, it's a little further away. -He said without hesitating.

-But--

-Let's go.

____________________________________________

I was getting sick of this place, I just wanted to go home and sleep.

It wasn't long before i heard that loud static sound again.
But this time it was accompanied by the sound of a door opening.

The man signaled me to stay back and he grabbed his gun.

Taking slow steps he approached the center of the room without making a sound.

-Who's there?! -Shouted a voice quite similar to the one I had heard before.

-Careful! -I whispered trying to keep my voice down.

The soldier turned to look at me and took a few steps towards me, clearly upset.

What he couldn't see was the creature that was quickly approaching behind his back.

All I could make out was a row of teeth, which I could have sworn were shining, and dark red skin.

I heard another static noise and the last thing I could see before the door closed on my face was the creature pouncing on the poor guard.

After that I heard only one shot that echoed through the metal hallways.

My heart was pounding and I wasn't sure what to do.
I had to force myself to stand, my legs wouldn't stop shaking.

I turned around hoping to get back in the elevator and get out of this place, but the door we had come from was now closed.

I tried opening the door, but i noticed a key card reader right beside it.

Now that I noticed it, there was only one door open right now.
With nowhere else to go I walked down that hallway, this kind of situation reminded me of how I had met Mal0, scared and afraid to die.

______________________________________________

The doors closed behind me with a loud static sound.
I felt like I was walking into a wolf's den, but I had no choice.

Whatever was controlling the doors would have to be on my side, right?
It could easily have opened the doors when that... thing attacked the soldier.

I thought so, until the last door I opened had a sign on it that read:

[Containment Chamber: SCP-682]

The huge metal door that led to the room had been folded as if it had been made of paper.

If it was able to do that with metal--
I didn't want to imagine it.

I was getting sick just by smelling what was inside.

A strong smell of chemicals that made my nose burn and a metallic smell, like iron.

I tried to turn around but the door leading back to the hallways had been closed, I felt betrayed for some weird reason.

There was a dim light inside the room, as if it were inviting me in.

I gathered my courage and entered the room, accepting my fate.
I could make out a large sillouhette in the corner, and I came to the conclusion that whatever it was, it wasn't alive.

The voice in my head was shouting at me not to come closer.
I focused more on the faint light that seemed to be coming from a flashlight in the corner of the room.
Maybe he dropped his flashlight, along with a keycard to get me out of here.

I noticed that the floor was slightly wet, probably from the chemicals I had smelled before.

As I approached the creature, I stepped in a considerably large puddle, which began to smoke and burn the sole of my shoe.

With a loud painful scream I jumped backwards,grabbing my soleless shoe.

Looking at the sillouhette I could see that my shenanigans had succeeded... in waking up the sillouhette in the corner.

_____________________________________________