XLIV (END)

The second I got home I threw myself face down on my bed, without even changing my clothes.

-Mal0 Remember when I said I wanted to go back to school?
-I was completely wrong.

-I'd rather go to school than be locked inside the foundation...

-Well, if you put it that way.

I felt a heavy ball of hair fall on me, Mal0 had come out of the cell phone and decided to pounce on me.

-Are you tired too? -I asked.

-Of course I am, I've been scanning your surroundings all day.
-Besides, I tried to get into that annoying girl's cell phone. -She said as she grabbed a pillow.
-But for some reason I couldn't do it. -She spoke, her voice muffled through the pillow.

-What a day... -I muttered.

Using all the willpower I had, I got up to make us some lunch.

I wanted to make omelettes but we had already eaten that yesterday, so I decided on some sausages.

Once we finished eating I took out the pencil sharpener I had borrowed today and inspected it.

Mal0 appeared from behind me, slightly concerned.

-I don't think you should be touching that.... -She said looking over my shoulder in fright.

-Are you not curious? -I said as I twirled it in my hand.

No matter how hard I looked at it, it was an ordinary pencil sharpener, the only strange thing about it was the small letters that read: "The factory".

Is this really an anomalous item?

I inserted a pencil and twirled it several times, but nothing out of the ordinary happened, other than it being sharpened.

I left the pencil on the table and tried to write on a sheet of paper, but to my surprise it worked like an ordinary pencil.

I decided to make it a little more sharp, and as I was wiping off the wooden scraps on the table I hit the pencil and it started to slide off the table.

I reached out my left hand to grab it, but felt a twinge of pain as one of my fingers brushed it.

-Ow!

I looked at my index finger, almost the whole width of my finger had a bleeding cut.

I ran to the bathroom, to wash my finger and bandage it, but the wound wouldn't stop bleeding.

-Are you all right? -Mal0 asked, her head poking from the doorframe.

-Yes, I'm fine. -I said, trying to wrap a gauze around my finger.

I was starting to panic, I was pretty sure I cut a vein or something.

-I didin't expect to lose this much blood.. -I sighed, looking at the white sink, now stained dark red with blood.

-What happened to the pencil?

-I'll go get it. -She said, walking to the living room.
-...

I followed shortly after, my hands still covered in blood, but the wound finally bandaged.

-It's there. -She said, pointing to the pencil stuck in the wooden floor.

The small wooden pencil had pierced through the floor and was balancing on its lead tip.

I quickly picked it up with my fingertips and put it down on the table, making sure the tip wouldn't come close to any of my fingers.

Mal0 picked it up and tried to do a little scribble, but ended up cutting the paper clear where the pencil passed through.