Chapter 33

Amaya 

June 4 , 2018

"Alizea Rashod David" I stood up yelling as loud as I can be. My baby. My first born. My Rashod is now a high school graduate. I knew he would make it, but who would have known he would be a LSU commit and signee? Who would have known that he would graduate in the top ten out of 412 graduates? Who would have known that allowing him to move here to Louisiana would be the best thing for him? 

"Stop crying" Quincey whispered in my ear wrapping his arms around my waist. My whole family was here and some of Ahmaud's family. No one knows that I was sending him to court to fight for the kids not even Quincey. The kids have no idea. My parents have no idea and I want to keep it like that till after graduation. 

"Both our boys were suppose to walk across that stage today" I mumbled wiping my tears. 

"I know, but it's okay. I know he is with us and look at Quinton" I looked over at Kaelah holding him. Kiandra's grandparents were also here. Alizea wanted her to be apart of his graduation party, so he invited her family to come. "He is watching his mommy walk across that stage today. Qj is forever with us in our hearts and spirit"

"I know"

"Kiandra Alexandria Bennett" Our whole section stood up and screamed for her. She looked up to the stands at us and smiled. 

"She did it" her grandma said leaning over to hug me. We haven't known each other for nothing but five-ish weeks but I consider these people family. Her parents aint shit for not being here watching their daughter walk across this stage. She beat all kinds of odds being a teenage mother and finishing highschool. 

After Kiandra walked across the stage, we left early before traffic got bad. We were having a cookout at three. It was 10:45 now. Their graduation started at eight this morning. I sighed as I slid in Quincey's car. I had all the kids while Ajarie and Kae rode with Lillian and Yasmine. 

Alizea

Graduating high school wasn't all what I thought it would be. It is a big accomplishment, but graduating college meant I actually made it. I kind of feel like you should graduate high school because it's just what you do. College on the other hand aint for everybody, so if you make it through college then you can accomplish everything. 

I shook my head of my thoughts as I walked around my uncle's back yard greeting all my family. 

"I'm so proud of you Zea. You just don't understand" Yasmine said hugging me from behind. This girl has been my number one fan since we started dating. She has always been rooting for me secretly for a couple years. She just didn't wanna admit it. 

"I know babygirl. Don't start that crying mess either cause we will talk later" I turned around to look at her and she had tears forming in her eyes. She has been kinda sad for the past couple weeks because I'm going to college which means we probably have to break up. 

"I love you Alizea"

"I love you too cry baby" I said kissing her forehead. 

"Imma go find Jarie" she said walking away. I felt bad and I wish I had more time to be with her, but I have to leave this summer for summer workouts and conditioning. I sighed and continued to walk around. 

I walked up to Kiandra. She was sitting at a table by herself holding Quinton. I sat next to her. 

"You okay?" she asked. I nodded holding my hands out for Quinton. He easily reached for me. 

"Qj was supposed to be here man. I'm trying to walk around here with good spirits, but it's hard knowing my brother not here with me"

"I feel you. I'm trying to keep a smile. I really am. We just talked so much about our future when we were together"

"He would have wanted this big party. I love my family, but I kinda like something more intimate with my family ya know. Like rent out the back room of a restaurant and stay till they close type stuff"

"I'm kind of the same way. I'm glad you included me though. My grandma is enjoying talking to your grandparents" she said causing me to look up at my glamma. She bought talking to the wrong grandparent, but that's not none of my business. 

"No problem. You mind if I take him with me?"

"No go ahead" she said smiling softly. 

After talking with family and playing with my siblings in the bounce house that we rented, my mom got up to do a speech. I rolled my eyes playfully cause I know she finna get up here and cry. 

"Hey, everybody. I just wanna give a huge thanks to everybody for coming down to celebrate my first born's graduation. I also wanna give a huge congratulations to Kiandra as well. This isn't just his party, its hers as well. I'm going to gone head and end this now, so I won't start crying. I just wanna say one thing to you tho Alizea. I love you with all my heart and I am so proud of you. I am so happy that you made the decision to come here because look at you. Look at what you accomplished" she said with her voice cracking. "Okay. I'm done" she said handing the mic back to the dj. She came over to where I was sitting with my nana. 

"I love you mama" I said hugging her and wiping her tears. 

"I'm just so proud of you baby"

"I know ma. You keep saying it" I said laughing slightly. 

"Imma go freshen my face up" I nodded as she walked away. 

"You don't like this do you?" my nana asked causing me to turn and face her.

"Nope"

"Your mama was the same exact way. I don't know why she acting like she like big parties and attention"

"Maybe cause i'm the first born. I don't know. It's just highschool graduation. I want y'all to come hard when I walk cross LSU stage"

"Oh trust me. We will. I'm proud of you too. I'm not crying and whatnot because I'm just glad I was alive to see my first grandchild walk across the stage" she said wrapping her arm around me. Man I don't know what I would do without my grandparents.

Besides my parents, my grandparents made sure that my siblings and I never had to want for anything in the world. My nana always taught me to go for it. No matter my fears. No matter what people would think. Just do it. My granddad taught me to never dwindle my ambitions. I was an ambitious kid. I always wanted things bigger and better. "You are a small kid with a big mind. Use it" are the words he would say to me. 

Basketball was my first ambition. College is my second. Staying alive will forever be my main.