Chapter 37

Alizea

"Alright son.." my dad said picking up a bag of trash.  "Be safe. If you need anything.. Lemme know. Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything" I looked around to make sure nobody was really paying us any attention before speaking.

The time was now. Despite being in Louisiana at LSU for a summer, it was bittersweet seeing my family really here to drop me off. My mom was trying to avoid saying anything because the tears that lined her eyes would fall. I just held my niece and walked around.

"Don't make my mama angry or upset while I'm gone. I love you pops, but I swear if Jarie call me or mama call me talkin bout some you had some woman around the twins or Ava or Jai and she treating them different.. I will never forgive you. If she extra stressed because of you.. I will never forgive you. You my dad, but she is my mama and I don't play bout her" I said walking away before he could respond. 

"Lani.. Don't give ya mama or grandma or dad or aunties and uncles a hard time" I said kissing her forehead. She just stared at me, holding my finger. She so freaking fat now. 

I went up to Yasmine. She just sat at my desk looking at her feet. She too was trying not to cry. This made it real for her. I keep trying to assure her that I love her and I am only for her right now. I just wanna prove my point on the court and in the books right now.

"Hey ma ma" Malani started smiling and drooling at the sound of Yasmine's voice. "C'mere tee tee girl" I handed her off to Yas and Malani was just excited. 

"Yasmine Shanice" I said squatting down in front of her. "I'm here. I been here all summer. I just have a few more classes and a few more workouts. Imma call you every single night and if I don't call one night, I will make sure to call you the next morning. I'll always be in contact Yas. Don't act like this is it" she nodded looking at me. I leaned up kissing her forehead. 

"I love you Zea bae" she mumbled. 

"I love you too Shanice" I said smiling. 

I walked to the twins who were laying on my bed watching Moana on their iPad. They probably could care less if I was home or in college. I know they'll miss me, but their focus be elsewhere. I kissed both of their heads before tickling them. Hearing them both erupt in laughter made me smile once again. 

I walked to Ajarie next who kept taking her phone from Ava. Ava would take the phone and run to give it to Jaiden. Jaiden just learned how to run without easily falling. I snatched her phone this time and before she could react, I pulled her into a hug. 

"I love you Monae. I'm a couple hours away. I got you and I got Lani. I got mama too, so don't worry"

"I know Zea. You be great. I got Yas. She'll be fine"

"Don't let her get consumed in these sports. I know she loves them, but she's doing it to stay distracted"

"I got her Zea. I promise" she said holding up her pinky. I took it and intertwined mine with hers. My little sister man.. I kissed her head before letting her go.

I walked to my mom last. My mama.. She has done everything in her power to make sure that I get to this point. She has stayed up late night on the phone with me these last couple weeks to get me everything I needed. She is my rock and my bestfriend. She has held everything together since QJ died and I am just grateful for her. 

Why am I being sentimental? It's just college move in. I'll see them in a couple months for my first game. 

"I'm okay Alizea. I promise. I'm just proud of you. You finished summer with A's. You finished your first college basketball conditioning summer. You did it and it's only the beginning" she said with a single tear falling. I hugged her. I was taller than my mom by about five inches, but like she would say.. She can still take me down. 

"I love you mama. Imma be straight. I promise, and i'll try to go eat on Sundays with Uncle Quincey and Kae. I'll make sure Kae stay straight and I'll go with her to visit QJ grave"

"Thank you" she said letting me go. 

"Alright. We got a long way to Georgia" he was taking the twins, Jai, and Ava to see his family. My mom, Jarie, Lani and Yas were staying at Uncle Quincey's, so they can leave early in the morning. 

I said my final see you laters and gave hugs before everyone left. 

LSU.. Be good to me. 

Kaelah

"Hello" I said answering the Facetime call. I had Quinton laying beside me watching some kid show on my Macbook. He was engaged so I let him have it. 

"Yoooo" Jamir said. Ever since coming back, I have missed this kid. I spent the last part of my summer hanging out with him. I started smoking less because he would bitch about the smell lingering around him or in his car or clothes, so I just didn't do it. 

"Yes Jamir?"

"I was just calling ya. When you coming back?"

"Thanksgiving probably"

"Damnnnn.. Who imma watch movies and shows with?" he said. I looked at the screen. He was brushing his hair in the mirror. 

"Yourself kid"

"That shit not the same Kaelah. I like laying on ya juicy ass thighs"

"Tryna say i'm fat" I said being fake offended. He's told me this before, so I'm not surprised.  

"No. Your thighs just soft man. I be out like a light" he said causing me to laugh. I like hanging out with Jamir just as much as he like being around me. I really didn't wanna do no long distance mess that Yasmine and Zea be doing, but look at me.. on facetime like a simp.

"You know I'm back here and I got my mans" I said jokingly. Ricky and I decided that us being together just wasn't it. If I was going to be committed to not smoking and just focusing on myself.. I couldn't use Ricky as an emotional crutch. 

"Mhmmm. Cap as fuck. I'm finna go hoop. I'll call you later Juicy thighs" he said hanging up. 

I looked at my phone frowning. He never let a real one say anything back. I rolled my eyes slightly before going in the living room. Jarie, Yas, Lani and my auntie are supposed to be coming over, so my dad was at the grocery store stocking up on things. 

I am kinda glad to be back home, but again.. I was starting to enjoy Texas.

"Hey Kae.. Dad said Auntie Mar finna pull up" Isaiah said after knocking on my door. 

My dad finally made way with Simone trifling self to start back seeing him. At first he used to be mad quiet but after he admitted that his mom was putting bad things in his mind, he opened back up to us and started being how he used to be. 

-

-

-

Short quick chapter for you guys. This book is about to end pretty soon. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Quick Question : How was you guys' holidays? Were you home or did you travel somewhere? 

I have like four books sitting in the drafts which includes the third book to the Only You Series. Should I publish?