Chapter 20

Amaya

I had the whole backyard covered in blue and green for a boy and purple and pink for a girl. Everyone was instructed to wear white because the color is already here. I have been planning this gender reveal party for a whole month. I sent the babies with their dad while my house became party headquarters. All of my family and Ahmaud's family along with Malik's family have came a long way to see this joyous event.

"Amaya sit down. Everything looks fine" Alonzo said coming up behind me with his arms wrapped around me. I was fixing one small thing on the food table.

"This just my first grandchild and I want to make sure everything is okay"

"It is. Stop stressing it's making you crazy baby" he said laughing. I turned around and hit his chest. I took his appearance in and he had a fresh haircut. He was sporting khaki pants and a white polo button up. He had on light brown Clarks with a gold Michael Kors watch. He looked good.

"Take a picture it'll last waaaay longer" he said smirking. I rolled my eyes and walked inside the house. Quincey, Zea, Kae, and QJ decided to stay at the house for the weekend. I just so happened to stay at Alonzo's because I didn't wanna sleep under the same roof as Quincey after what happened in Bora Bora. But... that's besides the point. I have been working them to death for this party and they were all slumped on the couch when I walked in the den.

"Auntie no. I'm sorry. I love you with my whole heart, but no" QJ said looking at me and pleading.

"I wasn't even going to ask you to do anything lil boy" I said laughing.

"Good" he said laying his head back on the pillow. He was wearing a tan polo shirt with white jeans.

"Where Zea and Kae?"

"Kae doing her hair and Zea with Yasmine wherever they at" I shook my head and walked upstairs to my room with Lonnie right on my heels.

"Do you think everyone will like the decorations?" I asked him as I sat on the edge of my bed.

"Amaya. You have been working on this damn party for a whole month. I have helped every step of the way, so yes they will love it. You have like three photo stations. You decorated, with the help of us, the whole entire backyard. You cooked food and had some catered, sooo everything will be fine. I promise" he said sitting next to me and kissing my forehead.

"I want you to meet my mama" Alonzo said after I closed my eyes almost falling asleep.

"When?" I mumbled.

"Whenever really" Lonnie is meeting my mom and dad by default because they were coming to the party today "How about today because I invited her?"

"Ohhh. I need to change and re do my hair then" I said getting up "Does she know I have a starting lineup of kids?" I called from the closet.

"Babygirl" he said walking in. "Everything will be fine. She knows you have kids. She is not judgmental at all whatsoever. You will like her and she will like you" he said pulling the shirt I had in my hand away.

"I'm scared tho Lonnie. I haven't met anyone's mom since Ahmaud and I-" he turned me around to face him.

"Amaya I love you. I do. I've been with you the past couple of months and you have been nothing but amazing to me. Your kids surprisingly love me and I know I'm kinda springing my mom on you, but I know everything will be fine. You don't have to say it back right now because I know your heart" he said kissing my forehead. "This outfit you got on is sexy as hell" I was wearing a white and grey striped jumpsuit.

"Okay" I said after taking a deep breath.

Ajarie

2 hours later