Chapter 24

Quincey Junior

"Yo QJ" my boy Dre said as I walked to the parking lot after school.

"Are you pushing up today?"

"Hell yeah you know I am" I said dapping him up.

"Bet that up. I'll see you" he said walking off.

"Quincey Junior?!" I heard someone yell. Don't nobody call me by my government but my family and my counselor. I turned around and it was Kaelah.

"What Kaelah?"

"Where have you been? You haven't been home in a week and you been avoiding me at school. I have been calling and I have been texting QJ" she said hitting my chest. "Alizea has been gone. Auntie and daddy talked to each other and basically broke up so he is drinking and smoking and yelling at me. He don't yell at me ever and you not coming home. You aren't there for me. Why are you doing this? What are you doing?" she said crying causing me to pull her in my arms.

"I'm sorry Kae"

"You haven't been there for me" she said breaking down.

"I got a lot on my mind right now lil sis. Imma be home soon"

"You can talk to me. Why you not talking to me. Why you not coming home?" she said looking at me.

"We'll talk when I come home" she nodded wiping her face. "What happened with dad and Auntie?" I asked when we were sitting in her car.

"Zea heard their conversation and he said that they were basically arguing and they basically broke up. Something about the Hawaii thing and dad fell in love with auntie, but she regrets it. Dad said he regrets it because she does. Alizea been staying with Ryan for a week now, so i'm home alone and now dad doesn't drive. He calls Ubers to the bars and gets drunk and comes home and smokes a blunt or two and then yells at me to clean up or move my car from the driveway or to go get him food from places that are closed, then he yells at me because I don't go to the closed place"

"Damn... You might need to move with mama foreal. Dad only gone get worse. He was drunk and high when Simone left and now he drunk and high when auntie left, sooo move with ma. I'm not just saying that to get my trip. I legit think you should"

"Well... I don't know. I guess I have to talk to her"

"Yeah you do that. I gotta go"

"Where do you be going?"

"Hanging with the boys" I said getting out the car and walking to mine.

Amaya

"Hey Lonnie" Ajarie said opening the door. I stood in the dining room listening to the conversation. I was avoiding him.

"Your mom home now?"

"No she is not. She went to get Armonie from practice"

"Armonie doesn't have practice Fridays"

"It's more like a private lesson" she said making up a quick lie.

"So what time does it end, so I can come back" he said.

"I don't really know. Ya know she legit be so tired"

"Well... Can you give her these flowers and this edible arrangement and tell her to please return my phone calls"

"Will do" she said closing the door. "You can come out now" she said causing me to walk to the kitchen where the other vases of flowers were

"I can't keep doing that ma. He looks so defeated"

"I know. I just need a break from him right now. I need time to recuperate from ending my over ten year friendship with your uncle" I said looking at the other flowers. I got sunflowers on day one of me avoiding him. Red roses on day two. A mixture of the two on day three. Lilies on day four and five. It is day six and I just got a vase of tulips.

"Mama you acting like you just broke up with your boyfriend which you didn't because he is stopping by the house and bringing you flowers everyday despite the many excuses"

"I know Ajarie"

"No disrespect mama and I love you so much, but you are being childish in regards to this whole situation. In my opinion, I think it is something deeper. You said you had sex with him, but you regret it. Uncle Quincey loves you and anybody can see it. He cares about you more than he has ever cared about any woman he has been involved with and you know that. Allowing him to break a friend like barrier with you by having sex makes and then straight up basically saying that he aint crap for doing it and then ya know... I can see how he feels about the whole situation" she said and I can honestly see where she is coming from.

"I just feel so bad. I feel like I am doing Alonzo so dirty because I am actually thinking about Quincey instead of thinking about Lonnie. I am thinking about Hawaii instead of thinking about lunch or flowers with my boyfriend. How crazy can this get and I am talking to my sixteen year old daughter about something that does not concern her" I sighed "I'll talk to him soon" I said walking out kitchen.

It's crazy how everything is playing out for me right now. One day everything is fine with me ignoring Quincey, and the next, I'm weighing my option between two nice men. But they are completely different.

Alonzo is heartfelt. He does everything in his power to make me happy. He makes my kids happy without being a major influence in their lives. He's really such a sweet man, but Quincey...

Quincey is my bestfriend. He has always been my bestfriend. He was there for me during my (and his) childish teenage days. He was there when I got pregnant and had all my children and I was there with his children. He was there through my babygirl getting pregnant and me getting a divorce. We had mind blowing sex in Hawaii and I felt terrible because of Alonzo.

When I think about one, I think about the other. I can't think about Quincey without thinking about Alonzo and vice versa.

Why do I not have the capability to focus my all onto one man? I did basically the same thing with Ahmaud and Jalen and now it is something that is completely the same with Quincey and Alonzo. What do I do when I continuously make stupid decisions? I am a grown woman with six kids with dude problems, and I should probably stop and be a grown woman.

-

-

Short filler chapter. Enjoy! Vote and Comment.